Author's Note & Reviews

Reviews

I'm a big fan of historical romances. Loved the characters, plot, and happily ever after. Looking forward to more from this author.

Lisa Reisner, Regency Romance author, and successful screenwriter. Her screenplay "Sound of Christmas" aired on the Hallmark Channel in 2016.

The Shipping Heiress was definitely one of my most memorable reads of 2020! I certainly needed a story I could get lost in, and this was the perfect remedy for a year of disappointments. My favorite thing about Lisa Higgins' writing style is her masterful use of language. I love how authentic the vocabulary and diction felt for the time period. I literally forgot it was fictional because it transported me in time and place and made the real world disappear. I enjoy historical fiction, romance, and well-crafted characters; The Shipping Heiress has all three in abundance. I think lovers of Regency tales will thoroughly enjoy this novel. Perfect ending as well, which I won't spoil here!

Lisa Higgins is a definite up-and-comer!

J.G. MacLeod, Award-winning author

It is not every day that you read a book and immediately think "Where have you been all my life?" This is Author Higgins' debut novel and the first word that comes to mind is...Wow! This story was beautifully written. I was swept away by an era of Dukes, Earls, and the like. She did a great job researching the era, character development, word-building, and descriptions—it was as if I was there, walking alongside these characters—watching the story unfold before me. There is enough love, angst, and drama to keep you turning the pages—wanting and needing to know what comes next. I was devouring the pages one by one and felt a sense of loss when I reached the end. Well done to this author. I cannot wait for book two—Regency novels are definitely a new favorite of mine.

Angelique Bosman, Rom-Com and Romance author from S. Africa

The Shipping Heiress is a full package of thrill, suspense, drama, courage, and of course love and romance. It's written beautifully with great details in an easy language which helps readers to imagine everything as if we're watching a movie! It's a must-read for those interested in historical fiction!

Enjoy reading.

Zehra, an Amazon reader from India

The Shipping Heiress is the first book in The Heiress Trilogy and is a good start to this new series. I really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading the others in

This is the first book in the Heiress Trilogy and it looks to be the author's debut novel. If her debut is this great, I'm excited to see what she brings us next. This story is full of great moments and pulls you right in and keeps you engaged and interested all the way through. It had a great combination of mystery and suspense in addition to romance which makes this read all the more intriguing. The characters were also interesting and well-developed. I truly enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading the next book in this trilogy.

Anonymous5, an Amazon reader from Canada

The author paints a vivid picture bringing you deep into Jade's story of surviving high society's expectations- you'll never want to put it down! This book is a must-have for your reading list. Our lovely author will have you completely enraptured taking you deeper into a rabbit hole of romance, drama, and treachery.

Caitlin Peoples, author

"An astounding fictional masterpiece" should be on the front cover!

Ryley Kalem, author

This book here by Ms. Higgins, what a phenomenal author! It has inspired me to read more. The way she writes as if she has had an encounter in England, the language she uses in the scene was like I was there. When Jade was out in the dark in the stable trying to get up on that stallion and not leave a horse behind, I felt as if I was there helping her. I sure hope Lord William wins in the end. This book is perfect! Back to reading.

Debba Murphy, multiple Children's book author

This story has been an amazing journey! The sole problem was that I couldn't stop reading to go to sleep. I finished this book in two days and got considerably less amount of sleep than usual! I can't wait to read Abagail's story!

@BooksAndTea73

Beautiful, beautiful story. It kept me hooked right till the end. I applaud you, author! @duchessdome

I can't believe book one is finally finished. I fell in love with the cover before I even started reading and fell in love with the book and your writing!

Jeanett E. Bally

You've carried us all on such an enchanting journey. Thank you! I look forward to the next book in your trilogy.

@buildnfly

Such a sweet ending to this beautiful story. Thank you so much for sharing your book and your creative and masterful writing talent with us!

@gin1512

Oh, Lady Lisa, This was wonderful! Thank you so much and I look forward to the next in the series. You're so talented.

Tracy Boyce Galasso

Copyright

The Shipping Heiress Copyright © 2017 by Mellisa D. Higgins Wattpad

Published Copyright © 2020 Mellisa D. Higgins

The Shipping Heiress is a work of fiction. Names, places, characters, and incidents are either the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to any actual persons, living or dead, organizations, events, or locales is entirely coincidental. All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the author except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.

Warning: the unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement for copyright gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to five years in prison and a fine of $250,000.

If you are reading this story on any other platform other than Wattpad or Amazon you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack.

This is the published edition updated 2/23/23 of 20 sample chapters since I am under contract with Amazon's Kindle Unlimited. If you have a subscription to Kindle Unlimited you can read all 3 of my published books for free. 

 © 2020 Cover Art and editing by The Book Studio