Chapter 1 - The Ememy

«|»

     I walked about the school, examining every single thing the students did. Once I had to whack a boy with my kat tail strand; he was trying to grow vines on his homework so it would show the correct answers.

     Nice school, I thought. Besides that. I glared at the cheater - boy one last time before moving on.

     I peeked into a classroom. Flower growing lessons. I walked inside and examined a girl's flower. It was nothing I have ever seen - it looked like a combination between a tiger lily and a crocus.

     "What is this?" I asked her.

     The girl trembled slightly. "A-a tiger crocus, Your Majesty."

     I smiled at her. "There is nothing to be afraid of-" I looked at her name tag on her uniform, "-Lilac. As a matter of fact, can you make more of these for the palace? They are nothing I have ever seen before - they are amazing."

     Lily looked up at me with big eyes. "Thank you," she said, giving me a big smile.

    I walked up to the teacher, created a plantnote, (plant + note) gave it to her, and left the room.

     I continued to inspect the school. I saw someone create a gigantic bean stalk all on his own, and another girl made a moonglower plant bloom in seconds. But there was something wrong.

     I narrowed my eyes. Someone was holding a beautiful vine in her hands, but there was a strange color on the tips of the vine - black.

     I rushed over to the girl with the vines.

     "What happened?" I asked in a panic, pointing at the burn mark.

     The girl gasped. "A burn mark!" she shouted.

     Everyone turned to her and me. When everyone saw, they silently ran into the nearest classroom possible, including the vine girl, who dropped the vines.

                        * ~ * ~ *

     "Good!" I muttered to the principal of the school at the end of the day. "This is a great school!"

     The principal nodded her head. I left the school.

     I decided to walk to the palace today, since it was a beautiful day outside. As I walked, I saw a mysterious figure hiding behind a huge blackened leaf.

     Black again, I thought.

     I shot vines at the place were the figure was, but it disappeared.

     What is going on? I thought.

     Someone tapped me on the back. I spun around and shot more vines there.

     "Ugh!" someone said.

     I got her. It was a girl, only a year or two younger than me, in a bright red flowing dress. She had jet black hair and angry orange eyes. A vine was wrapped around her ankles, but it was in flames.

     "Beg your pardon," the girl said, ripping the vine off of her ankle, "But do you know were the Fire Kingdom is?"

     I stared at her in shock. The Fire Kingdom? A voice said in my head. That has been gone for centuries - does this person know?

     She is the enemy, another voice said, She is obviously a user of fire! Destroy her!

     But something held me back - fear.

     The girl waved her hands in front of my face. "Amber to Plantie, do you read me?" she asked.

     Suddenly, there was a splash if water, a fire ball in the chest, and everything went black.