25. A point of no return

ابدأ من البداية

It was then that the first pang hit me. A strange uncertainty and nervousness clouded my senses. I blinked my eyes to shake off the feeling.

.

Dan was soon suited up in a mini tux and a cute bowtie. He looked like the cutest little pup ever. There were minor fitting issues that will take about half an hour and we are done.

I gave him the sloppiest kiss I could manage. Well don't complain, the other option was to squeeze him with a monstrous hug. Wouldn't have done good to my baby boy, would it?

"Mommy" Dan whined rubbing his face "Don't don't don't" he glared at me.

I giggled. That was when the second pang hit me. It was much stronger; I stumbled, loosening my grip on Dan.

Something was wrong, my wolf was anxious and it wasn't in a good way. She was nervous, almost afraid.

Ray was at my side in a second, he held me steady, it made my wolf more restless "Are you okay?" he asked gently.

"Fine" I managed to say. My heart was thudding like I was running miles. I sat down on the nearest chair.

"Here, water" I took the water eagerly from Evan and gulped it down.

"Your wolf" Evan moved closer "What's wrong with her?"

Rays hand which was rubbing my back, stilled.

"She's fine" I tried to take deep breaths "just a little anxious. Give me a moment"

She's not at all fine. She was somewhere in between begging and ordering me to let her out. I don't think even she knows where her anxiety is coming from.

"Is she going to be okay" Ray asked Evan, his voice tensed.

"Her wolf in her eyes" Evan said, his gaze not leaving me "Heat?" he asked, unsure.

Before I could answer, the store owner, the stylish Mrs. Day, piped in "That's probably not the reason, darling. We are all fine" She said pointing at herself and her female staffs. She pushed Evan away and leaned to the level of my eyes "Do you feel your mate, dear?" she asked.

I froze at the mention of my mate. It was that particular moment that made my wolf still too. She knew as I did..... Liam.

I closed my eyes.

"She hasn't met him yet" I heard Evan.

"I know that" she dismissed Evan, still looking at me for an answer. Of course she knows that, everyone knows everything in packs. Really, knowing every detail of the personal lives of roughly seven hundred wolves is no big deal here.

But that wasn't my concern right now. I'm sure nothing's wrong with him. He's probably home, running around with last minute arrangements. I don't know whom I was consoling, me or my wolf. I need to get out of here and check on him myself.

I stood up abruptly. Mrs. Day moved away, a victorious smirk firmly placed on her lips. Why is she so happy again?

"I'm fine" I manage to say "It's just fatigue"

"We should return then" Ray finally said, relieved that he finally understood something.

I nodded, already walking towards the door.

"The clothes" Mrs. Day reminded us "It'll take another 20 minutes at least"

"I'm sorry dude, I'll have to borrow your key" Evan snatched the car keys from Ray "You stay here with Dan. I'll take her"

"No" I protested "I can go with Ray" because he's the only one who knows my secret. I didn't say it out loud of course.

"And do what? Your wolf is unstable. Do you want to be alone with this human now?" I shook my head slowly, at his commanding voice "You're coming with me" he said with finality.