[By Your Side] M!Layla x F!reader x M!Ruby

Magsimula sa umpisa

"That hair..." she murmured.

"Yes? What of it?"

No one had the chance to say another word as more monsters emerged. The guardian of Nost Gal had dragged Y/N by her hand and was running away to safety. When both were far enough she stoped to catch her breath.

"Your hair..."

She panted out,catching the young's attention.

"Has it always been like that?"

"It has...why?"

"My child,you are far stronger than you know."

"Huh? W-what do you mean?"

Aurora created an ice barrier before walking to a specific book. Pages after page she flip it until she found what she seek. The queen gave the book to her,opened to a certain page. Y/N then read the whole article.

...

...

...

It's been a while since the attack. It was a huge relief that Rafaela and Freya had come to their aid,and thus sending the enemy back to where they came from.

"Y/N what's the matter?" Layla asked.

"It's nothing much." She replied nerveously.

"Seriously,Y/N. You can tell us anything."

"You've been acting weird since you met Aurora." Ruby added.

Her eyes filled up with tears and quickly broke down like a glass falling to the floor. The two were puzzled and bend down to her eye level.

The power of the Asterism stars can be wield by one person and one person only. Others may manipulate it and use these powers by curse,but the true power can only come from a person,and that it is very strong.

A way to indicate this is by the number of 'stars' present on one's body. Some have it on their arms,legs,tails,hairs,anywhere. These represent the day of their living,as great powers comes with a great cost. The stars will either fall off or merge with other do reduce their number.

The time of death of the owner would be the time of their birth by the time the last star fade away.

Ruby and Layla were both shocked by the news and everything she told them. But Y/N had a determination that she would use her power to help the war with Alice and her minions. Both agreed to help,but couldn't help but wonder about her upcoming death.

Everyone had gather up at certain places,and split up in groups. As usual,Layla and Ruby stayed with Y/N. Both were determined to protect her until time is up. But Y/N was thinking about the last few words Aurora told her.

That power can be inherited to another being for conservation,or when one would want to pick their successor in advance.

She was spacing out by the plains,a white cat was on her lap which they found a moment ago.

"Oi,Y/N."

She looked up,surprised by Ruby's sudden calling. He sat down next to her,and laid his head on her shoulder which made her blush.

"So how much time did you have left?" He asked.

"Honestly...i don't know."

Layla,who seems to be jealous clearly didn't want to lose to his friend and sat on the other side of the female.

"Until time runs out,we'll be by your side,okay?"

She looked at them both,and nodded with a smile. It has been as usual for them. Nothing particular to talk about. They hunt as usual,have fun as usual and do things they way they would normally do. But as the two thought about her death,Y/N thought about something else.

Death used to be something one wouldn't knew when it was going to arrive,but what if they did?

Why do people hate death but loved life?

Simple

Because life is a beautiful lie and death is a painful truth

But the girl had kept the white cat they found. And by the time it was for her to leave Land of Dawn,everyone she knew gathered up. Some of them were already in the verge of tears.

"We will miss you so much,dear Y/N." Estes said.

"There'd be no one to ask to a mushroom hunt anymore." Nana whimpered.

"You have beend doing many good deeds for us. As the guardian of the land i thank you." Freya smiled.

Everyone's words were warming up her heart and made tears build jn the edge of her eyes. Ruby and Layla then walked up to her.

Much to her,and everyone's surprise both hugged her at the same time.

"Come back to us as soon as possible,kay?" Ruby demanded.

The girl chocked a sob and nod lightly,knowing it was near to impossible.

"We'll never forget you,Y/N." Layla sobbed,hugging her tighter.

"I'll be by your side. I promise." She murmured enough for only them to hear

They both let go of her and she smiled bright with tears rolling down her pale cheeks.

"Everyone,thanks so much." She said.

Feeling the last bit of her strength leaving her,she fall back to the ground onto the pile of lilies. Aurora said how the owner of the power would not rot when they die,for the preservance of its strength will remain. She now looked like sleeping beauty. But what tragedy it is to know that she won't wake up.

Ruby and Layla had been going around places in search of their memories with the girl when they run to a certain cat. White fur like snow and e/c eyes. What they notice is the star dangling on the collar and the marks on her body. The shape they would never forget.

After confirming to Aurora that it is true,they figure out what she meant.

She transfered her powers for the cat to have,and thus making her magical. The two could only smile and took the cat for a journey to new places,her sweet angelic voice ranged in their ears.

I'll be by your side

*******************************************

So if anyone realized yea this is a little songfic from By your side sung by Kana Nishino and WISE. And i happen to really love where this chapter had gone so hope you guys liked it too :)

And yeS THIS CHAPTER WAS CHEESY AF EXCUSE ME I AM GOING TO CHEESYTOWN FOR A FEW WEEKS

And i apologize if it is a little short. Well then see you next update