Pursuit and contest

Lin Ke Song: Go die ba.

Song Yi Ran: We are bros, don’t expect to be born on the same year, same month and same day, but hope that we die on the same year, same month and same day.

Lin Ke Song: ……

At this moment, under the cold white light, a man in a dark suit is sitting in front of a sofa.

His features were handsome but not desirable, his eyes were like the scene of the sky falling.

The hustle and flashiness of New York seemed to settle down around him, like clouds fading away.

In front of the sofa, a cup of coffee was exuding the graceful mist if steam, the mellow fragrance overflowing to every corner of the room.

“Qian Fan, you’ve been too busy lately, too busy until you’ve forgotten about your appointment with me.”

The man sitting opposite him said, his voice carrying a calming temperament.

“Since I’ve spent money to talk to you, Dr Xie, I won’t forget my appointment with you.”

The cold and monotone voice sounded, giving the warmth of the hot coffee a thin layer of frost.

“Alright, alright. You seem like your old self. But the people around you are a little worried.”

“Are you referring to Mayer?”

“Of course he’s one of them.”

“What’s he worried about?”

Dr Xie propped his rimless glasses: “He said that after you’ve returned to New York from China, your actions have been a little out of the ordinary. For example, you brought the bicycle you bought in China back to New York. You have never kept useless things.”

“That is my bicycle. If I it were my wish, I can send it to the North Pole.”

His tone was not only freezing cold, there was a sense of insurmountable distance.

“Last month, you kept asking others to buy candied haw. It is actually very difficult to find candied haw in New York. Even of its china town, candied haw is also a rare sight.”

“That’s why I’m making it myself now.”

“But you’ve been making candied haws for almost a month already. There’s rarely a food that will make you fumble for a month and still not be able to produce the taste that meets your satisfaction.” Dr Xie reached for the coffee and gently sipped. Then through his thin lens observed Jiang Qian Fan’s expression, hoping to gain insight into his heart through the change of his micro expressions.

But he was expressionless like a sculpture, totally unable to see.

“Clothed by a thin layer of sugar, but when bitten down, the sour and astringent flavour can be tasted. Dr Xie, what do you this is?”

“……Candied haw. When I was a child, and hadn’t immigrated to America yet, had tasted it before.”

“Then so you still remember the taste?”

“At first I couldn’t remember it. But once you brought it up, I had an impression. Even the insides of my mouth are already feeling the sourness.”

“Then do you remember the flavour of the first time you had a crush on someone?”

Dr Xie was stunned, then bowed his head and laughed, “I faintly remember. Why?”

“The end of our appointed time is here.”

Jiang Qian Fan lightly stood up, flung his cane, turned around and walked out of the door.