He proceeded to drag me back up the drive by my hair as I struggled to keep up. I fell a few time's but he didn't relent, just continued to drag me. I could feel my knees being skinned. As we entered the foyer a woman's voice rang out. "I thought you was going to kill her".

"All in good time Carmen. I want her to suffer first. Now back to bed with you. I'll be up shortly".

I let a whimper out as I heard him say he had plans to kill me. Strengthen his grip again the dragging process started all over. As he drug me through the glass hall I tried to pry his fingers from my hair. If I was going to die, I might as well die fighting.

"Stop that" he growled as her spun around to glare at me.

"Y-your hu-hurting me" I cried.

His grip loosened a bit and I glanced up at him through teary eye's. All at once his grip tightened again and I was being drug. Finally he tossed me into the room I came from. Walking in behind me he slammed the door.

"What's the meaning of disrupting my entire household?" He sneered.

"I w-want to g-g-go home" I wept.

"No, no sunshine. This is home until I decide otherwise. First you will pay off your debt of betrayal by working for me. And once I'm satisfied I'll decide if I should let you live".

"I'm S-sorry. I don't k-know what I  did, b-but I'm s-so very sorry Severo"

He pressed me up against the wall and grasped my jaws. His fingertips bit into my skin as I scrunched my eye's up at this new sensation of pain. "Never say my name again, understood?"

I nodded my understanding as another sob escaped.

"From now on you address me as sir. Understood?"

I went to nod my head and he stopped me. "Say it damn it".

"Y-yes Sir". I stammered.

Only then he let me go and left me alone in a broken heap in this tiny dungeon.

At six sharp the next morning a elder lady barged into my room. She tossed me a wool skirt, white button up blouse, and some slip on shoes.

"My names Margret. Get dressed and report to the kitchen immediately".

I did as I was told. I entered the kitchen and seen several people bustling about frantically.

"Well don't just stand there child, get to work".

"I don't know what to do?" I said meekly.

"Go, get busy slicing the fruit".

Rushing over I started sliding and dicing.  After a bit Margaret called me out.

"New girl, Mr. Marettia has requested that you help serve the breakfast."

Wiping my hands off on a clean cloth, I followed a few other women to the dinning room. A long table was impeccably decorated with the finest China and flatware. At least fifteen men was seated around it chatting amongst themselves. I watched as the two other women stood back against the wall with their hands folds neatly in front of them. Not knowing what else to do I followed suit.

Moments later the door opens and Severo entered. The room became quiet and the men stood until he motioned for them to sit. The Women grabbed coffee, juice, and water pitchers and rushed to the table. Selecting a pitcher of juice, I did as the girl's did. For ten minutes I filled glasses and plates at the men's request.

Just as I was hoping that the breakfast was coming to an end Severo called me to attention.

"Avery, fill my glass".

Studious, I rushed to his side and did his bidding. Soon as I positioned myself again I heard him say. "Avery, another scone now".

Moving at the speed of sound I did as he wished. A few of the men snickered and I realized he was doing this trying to humiliate me further. I heard his fork slammer to the floor.

"Avery, fetch that".

Biting back tears, I scooped to retrieve it and handed him a clean one.

"Oh, look Avery, a bit of food spoiled my shoe. Clean it".

My shoulders slumped as I picked up a clean rag and wiped his shoe clean.

"That's a good girl". He smirked as the men laughed.

Thankfully he let me be for the reminder of time. Once all the men exited, we all hustled to clean up and start making preparations for lunch.

Silent tears fell as I set forth to chop salad greens. I couldn't continue to stay here.