Chapter 20...Part 1

Start from the beginning

Currently, I was pacing around our bedroom while Etienne lounged his big body across our bed and was watching my every move around our bedroom with half lidded eyes. If I didn't know any better, and if it wasn't for the fact that he'd just fucked me bow legged in our en-suite bathroom. I would think the horny vampire was silently plotting on taking me and rendering me senseless all over again. I wouldn't put it past my delectable mate. We have been resting and slowly mingling our magic throughout the day. Tonight, was the night that the elders advised would be a good night to attempt summoning Morgan.

The moon was at its fullest tonight, and although the myth about paranormals and the full moon was just that, a myth. The ancients explained that the lunar energy emitted was a powerful source for feeding our magic, and providing them with the added strength to help cage a powerful warlock of Morgan's caliber. My magic was strong and Etienne's were even stronger, but Morgan also had the advantage of the dark arts in his arsenal, which was another act of taboo that had the ancients in an uproar when Jacques informant had advised us of Morgan's ritualistic practices with his coven members.

Thinking of Jacques, I recalled that I haven't seen him for a while around the house. I tilted my head to side and to think about it, I haven't seen much of Remy or Sebastian either. I turned towards Etienne and I was about to ask about our friends when he answered before I could voice my questions.

"I have them taking care of somethings and checking the wards I have placed around the house and the clearing we are going to use tonight to bring Morgan here. They are also preparing the holding area in the guest house for the elders to decide his fate once he answers to the laws he had broken or bended so to say." He held up his long arms and flexed his fingers in the universal sign for air quotes he used to punctuate his last statement.

My anxiety spiked and I twisted my hands in front of me at the thought leaking from the back of my mind to the forefront. That one niggling worry that had my skin prickling and a headache threating to pound every time I dwelled on the idea. I looked my mate in the eye and finally asked the question that has been bothering me ever since his conception and explain of what a summoning was.

"What if this doesn't work? What if he's too strong and fights it?" I whispered, letting my voice lower for just his supernatural hearing alone. I felt like if I voiced my concerns out loud, then the possibility of my thoughts might make it become a gruesome reality.

Before I knew it, Etienne had his powerful arms wrapped around my body and he walked me over towards our ginormous bed. He turned and sat down on the fluffy mattress and pulled me onto his lap. I was sitting on his thick thighs, facing him and all his handsome splendor. It's a miracle I didn't lose my train of thought altogether and I just stared at him like the love-struck, smitten fool that I am over my man.

"Stop worrying yourself my love. You are going to do just fine. As always, I will be at your side. You have been amazing. You have handled all the current changes in your life like no one else I have known. You have dived head first into mastering your magic and I couldn't be prouder. The fates have truly blessed me with a mate so special, I couldn't have even guessed to ask for you." Etienne reverently whispered. His lips gently brushed the shell of my ear, sending ripples of delight all over my body.

Etienne's fingers carded through my hair as I rested my head on his wide shoulder. I don't know how long we sat there like that, when I suddenly felt the caress of warm air brushing against the exposed skin of my arm. I felt a comforting wave of energy followed by another burst of warmth washing over me. I raised my head to look around the room, but I saw nothing out of place. Etienne must have sensed my confusion because he stiffened beneath me and I turned my head to look at him.

"Did you feel that?" I whispered for his sensitive ears alone.

"Yes, but somehow, the presence doesn't feel out of place or evil in nature. It feels more comforting than anything else." He replied and once again I scanned the room. Only this time, I opened my senses and let my magic radiate out into the atmosphere around us. I instantly felt Etienne's energy, and I felt the markers of the Elders' magic who were occupying the house.

The farther around the room my magic reached, the stronger the pull became and before I knew what was happening, there was a disturbance in the space in front of Etienne's massive desk. Etienne chuckle rumbled through his wide chest, but I couldn't take my eyes off the apparition taking form in front of me.

A bright light flashed out from the disruption in space and I quickly covered my eyes to protect them from the blinding glare. Once the illumination of the room returned to normal, I lowered my hand and I a tiny gasp left my throat.

"Hello my sweet boy. How is my adorable grandson and his equally handsome mate this evening?" The stunningly beautiful woman addressed us and I almost fell of Etienne's lap. The power emitting off the woman was enough to have me snapping back my magic like a rubber bands. It was almost like a living, breathing entity surrounding her slender frame.

This was my famed, all-powerful warlock of a grandmother, and damn, I know my mouth was gaping open like a fresh caught fish. But, I had to admit that even the ancient ones didn't even have a fragment of the power this woman seemed to have. She was a force all to herself and I'm in awe that I'm her direct descendant.

"I slid off Etienne's lap and I slowly made my way over to her. "Hello Grandma." I uttered the greeting. The words feeling foreign on my tongue.

With a muffled cry, and moving faster than even my vampire. I released an unmanly squeak when all of a sudden, two thin but strong arms wrapped around my waist and I was pulled into a hug you would have expected from someone twice her size. Soon enough the scent of rich incense and roses. Two scents that sparked memories from my childhood. Recollections of comfort and warmth in my mind whenever I needed it, and I just like that I melted into her loving embrace.