Abby

I still haven't told anyone about Liam and I. About his strong hands running over every inch of my petite body... GOD! As stupid as I was to just let him do what he wanted with me, I still loved it. I scream at the image of myself in the mirror, and she screams back. Her black bangs overgrown and in her eyes, her tiny, lipsticked mouth babbling cusses mixed in with nonsense and a little bit of fire. My self hatred is soon halted by more screaming,

      "I WILL SERIOUSLY SLIT YOUR THROAT. I WILL RUN A BLADE DEEP IN TO YOUR JUGULAR. I KNOW HOW TO DECAPITATE A HUMAN WITH A BUTTERKNIFE AND I WILL DO IT. OHHHH MY GOD SHUT UP."

       I wipe my eyes and lean out of the small bathroom. "Fuck you! I'm trying to sing!" I lean back in and finish applying my mascara.

       "Alaska, there's a difference between trying to sing and singing."

       "I don't care what you think Brent, I am a star." I flip my hair as I walk past him on the couch. I'm glad it was Brent who took me in after months of searching for an apartment, we haven't had a real fight since I've been here. I make myself a bowl of Apple Jacks and sit down beside Brent on the couch. Were both still in our pyjamas at noon. A buzz sounds from the kitchen and I realize I left my phone there. I let out a long sigh as I put my bowl down and go to pick it up.

        "Hello?"

        "Seven days..."

        "What do you want, Abby?"

        "We're hanging out today, remember?"

        "Oh, yeah! What time again?" I mindlessly walk to the living room where Brent is drinking the excess milk from my Apple Jacks.

        "Half an hour."

        "Shit. Okay. Bye. Meet you at the café."

        "Yep. Bye."

The phone beeps and I race to my room.

        "Slow down!" Brent calls from behind me but Im in to much of a hurry to reply. I throw on light skinny jeans and a black button up top. It looks a bit rushed, but still nice enough to go to Branson street, where all the expensive coffee shops and record stores are. Basically, hipster paradise and if you dont look the part, you can practically hear them blogging about you. Needless to say, across town from my ratty place, it'll be a ten minute drive without traffic so I hop in to my car and make my way there.

        505 rumbles through my speakers and my wipers sway to it, wiping away the splashes of rain that are falling heavy and thick. I'm waiting on a red light so I check the time on my phone, my cars clock is off by infinity and I can never figure out how to reset it. 12:55, 5 minutes until I'm late. I can see the sign reading Branson St. up ahead and reassure myself that I won't get an Abby ass-whooping for being late for our monthly coffee dates. The light turns green and all of the cars slowly roll forward before shooting off.

        I have to park a couple shops away because of some spoken word thing happening today. I run past a teenager outside an organic store who compliments me on my custom chuck taylors that slap loud against he pavement. Without looking at him I compliment his plaid and get a giggle out of it because they always say thanks. Abby looks up right when I enter Comfort's Café. "So close" she mouths, tapping her watch. I just shake out the rain from my hair and stick out my tongue. We walk up to the counter together and order what we usually get. The woman at the register has stretched ears and a bored look on her face. Abby gets her food first, a raspberry scone and a medium London fog. She sits down and starts scrolling through her phone. I slide in to my seat with my chai latte and rhubarb crumble, her eyes are still to her phone.

         "You okay? youre not talking much."

         "Hm?" her head snaps up and her soft cherry red hair falls in to her face "yeah, I'm good. Just waiting on an important text." She waves her hand to dismiss the topic.

         "So, did you hear about that spoken word battle? I was told it's going to be pretty heated. Pretentiousness vs. Irony."

         "Oh, I did hear. I dont think I'll go, someone might bring a gun and that's not really mellow."

         "Oh, but the..." I struggle to think of a band which could possibly be playing on Branson.

         "Honey Fuckles" Abby suggests, wiping black lipstick off of her cup.

         "Honey Fuckles are playing between sessions." Abby snickers at this and we go on talking about other bits of nonsense for quite a while until Abby asks me the question she always does when we go out.

         "So, have you lost it yet?"

         "You know you can ask me this any other time we hang out." I say, taking a bite of my crumble, hoping she'll think that my answer is still a no and move on. Im not quite in the mood to talk about Liam even though it's been a week.

         "I can, but I dont want to. I need to be somewhere where nothing else has happened to me so when I look at it I can say 'oh, thats where my 24 year old virgin friend finally told me she got her cherry popped.' "

         I sigh, no such luck. "Okay. I lost it last week, fine."

        "And you didnt tell me!? Wait, was he good? No, who was it?" she squeals, ignoring the dirty looks we get.

        "He was. And it was um... Liam Hemsworth." I whisper, knowing she won't believe me.

        Her eyes go as wide as saucers "Oh my god! I thought it looked a lot like you!"

       "What are you talking about?"

       "You were on TMZ! Wow. I didnt know you were that obsessed with those books."

       "Yeah..."

       "Hey, whats wrong?"

       "It's just that after it ended he didnt care about me. I feel so stupid, we barely talked beforehand. I just let him take me, let him take my first time." I take a sip of my latte to try and hide my shaking hands but the liquid sloshes to much so I put it down.

       "Oh, honey I'm so sorry. That asshole..." she hold my hands between hers. Our moment is cut short when her phone rings, filling the room with the punk rock lyrics of Neck Deep. Abby blushes as she reaches in to her bag. "Hello... oh, hey... great, how many?... perfect. Yeah, I know who... I'm a bit busy right now so I've got to let you go... yeah, bye Owen." She puts her phone back in to her bag after turning it to vibrate. "I know a way to get you over him" she grins.

       "Hm?" I say, my mouth full.

       "Remember how I told you about that bouncer I was sleeping with?" she doesnt wait for me to answer, "yeah, well sometimes he lets me come into the super high end clubs and this time he's letting me bring some people. I was thinking you and Brent? Its going to be a big show tonight. Lots of celebrities rumored to come. Do you want to?"

      "Tonight?" she nods. "Yes! Oh my god, Ab, that sounds so cool!"

      "Sweet! Oh, shit. I've got to go, I've got a booking made with a new client at 3:15." She puts 30$ down on to the table. "hopefully that'll cover yours, too." she says, throwing her leather jacket over her shoulders. We walk out of the shop together and hug before going our seperate ways. I'm glad that she's finally found a job in the modeling business but I can't help but be jealous that she makes twice as much money as I do when she spent the years I did in college drinking and traveling. I shake my head, trying to get rid of my jealous thoughts. She's my best friend and she does so much for me, I should be proud instead. I drive home thinking about the club, and smile at myself for not thinking about Liam.

.................

Hey, so I tried to make it longer everybody! I hope you like this character idea because it was much easier to write this way. Please vote and comment :)