Farewells

'Ello!

Second update, finally!  I am so sorry it took so long, my parents hate that I would rather write than be with physical beings.

Anyhow, the new characters in this update are for the most part original.  However, Anna Howard is based off of my actual neice, and Corrie Elisabeth Forbes is based off of a school friend.

The locket above is taken by me, it was a gift from my family for my seventh birthday.  The song above isn't the song that fits the chapter, but it is sung.  It's called "Sleepsong," from The Secret Garden.  One of the best lullabies in the world, if you have trouble sleeping this is the song to listen to.

Now back to reading!

Forever and Always,

~AF,

The Fandom Phoenix of Fantasia
———————————————————————
Aurélie's POV:

We had barely gotten eight yards from my bedroom door when I stopped, Corrie stopping with me.  She looked at me, her face asking why we stopped.  I chuckled lightly.  Of course.

"You should be in bed, you know."  I said softly.

After taking a second to realize what I was talking about, Corrie whipped around.  From the room to the right of mine, an eight year-old girl stepped hesitantly out into the hallway.

"I just wanted to say goodbye."  She replied in the same soft tone.

I turned to Corrie.  "Go.  Get the dogs in, I'll meet you there."

She smiled and nodded, continuing her route towards the elevator as I left my suitcase where it was and walked over to crouch down in front of her.

"It's not forever, you know."  I promised.  "I'll come and visit, Anna.  As often as I can."

"I know, but it won't be the same."  Anna said.

After a few seconds, she whispered,"I'll miss you."

That stung. Bad. I sighed. "Come here."

My niece threw her arms around me, burying her face in my shoulder. We hugged each other like it was the last, and it would be for a while.  We had both lost close to everything, and if you forget the technicalities, I was the closest and possibly last relative she had.

"I know kiddo, I know."  I whispered.  "I'll miss you too.  More than you will ever know.  Believe me, if I could bring you along with me, I would."

Anna only hugged me tighter and sniffled, "I don't want you to go, Auntie.  I will miss you, I really will."

"Shh," I comforted.  "It's alright, I'm right here.  I'm right here."

A few moments later, she had calmed down a bit.  Immediately, a small tune came to me.  I thought it would be something Anna would like to hear.  And so I sang it to her.

"Just take a piece of my heart, and make it all your own, so when we are apart, you'll never be alone," I sang.  "You'll never be alone."

She pulled back a bit, her eyes glistening.  "Did you make that on your own?"

I smiled and wiped her tear-stained face.  "Yes, just for you."

Anna offered a smile.  It was small and weak, but a smile nonetheless. "Could you sing to me, one more time before you go?"

I nodded and kissed her forehead. "Of course, deliciae."

I stood up, taking Anna's hand and helping her up. Together, we walked back to her room.