chapter 3

"Look." I said to the silver clad girl. "There are monsters all around. Why don't we stick together for now and watch each others backs?"

     "I don't trust you boy." Thalia replied in a harsh tone.

     "Fine." I said. "But we have a better chance of living if we stick together." I rummage through my pack and pull out a pair of black jeans that were too small for me, a black t-shirt, and a towel. "Here. There is a lake half a mile east." I said while giving her the clothes. "Better wash up before you leave." She took the clothes, mumbled a thanks, and walked out of the cave.

     I sat down and took a few minutes to reflect on today. As I stood there a felt a cool breeze on my stomach. I looked down and saw the hole that Thalia made in my shirt when she shot me. I took off my shirt and shivered at the cold air hitting my back. I grabbed my pack and pulled out a needle and some black thread. After patching up my shirt and putting my stuff away I heard a gasp behind me. I turned around and saw Thalia standing at the entrance of the cave. I quickly put my shirt on and waited for her to ask the question I dreaded.

     "What happened to you?" Thalia said in a gentle voice. The tone of her voice confused me. The same girl that shot an arrow in him is speaking to him as if he was a child that fell down the stairs.

     "Nothing." I said. "Just some bad memories that I want to forget."

World of ForestsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara