He went find his mother with tears on his eyes and anger in his heart. He showed her the bag, Aslaug pretended to be surprised, of course that Ivar didn't saw that, he thought too highly of his mother. Aslaug suggested Ivar that he needed to confront her, because she knew that Thays was too proud to beg for forgiveness for something that she didn't do.

When Ivar told her to leave, his heart was broken one more time. She didn't explained herself, she didn't beg for forgiveness, she only denied, and that angered him even more. He went to his room, he was laying on the bed that both of them discovered each other, being afraid and extremely excited at the same time. She gave herself to me, I was a fool to let myself believe that she could ever love me for me, she had a hidden agenda, just like the rest. Ivar thought bitterly, he wanted to scream to the whole world, but he only slept, dreaming about the first time they made love.

Ivar didn't left his bedroom for months, no one could made him got out. Aslaug was already with a fiancé in mind for him, he needed to forget that maid, Aslaug thought. When he finally left his bedroom, Margrethe convinced him to have a walk on the city. He agreed just to keep her quiet, he didn't wanted to leave the house, he even ignored his father. Ragnar wanted him to come back to Paris, but he didn't wanted anymore, that's where he bought the ring.

Margrethe almost fainted when she saw a very pregnant Thays walking on the street, she was huge and Ivar was the father. Margrethe knew that if Ivar saw her, there wouldn't be anyone that would be able to tear them apart, Ivar would fulfill his greatest dream, become a father. She almost dragged him to some restaurant and stayed there until she was completely out of sight, Aslaug will know what to do, Margrethe thought.

Aslaug almost had a breakdown, she would be a grandmother, but that girl was the mother. She had a plan, something to make sure that even if Ivar knew about the child, Thays wouldn't want him, Aslaug found her address from her P.I. She said the most absurd things, and Aslaug was more than happy to see that Thays believed in her, she was too innocent. But when she refused the offer, Aslaug wanted to kill her, but she came up with another idea, she just needed to take the child from her when was born. She hired a man to stalk her, he would take the child away.

But one day, Thays left the apartment and the man didn't saw. That's was perfect for Thays and she didn't even knew what was happening. When Thays was sleeping on Harvey's house, he was making sure to know everything about her. When he saw that she worked for the Lothbroks, Harvey almost screamed from so much happiness. His men went to her apartment, the man that was hired by Aslaug told them about her plan, Harvey's men payed him a lot of money to lie to her, and even more money to fake her suicide.

When Aslaug got the news that Thays and her grandchild were dead, she was happy and sad at the same time. The Rag Doll wouldn't be a problem anymore, but her first grandchild was dead too. Ragnar came back to Paris, he was worried about his son, they were closer, but Ivar wasn't telling him anything. Ragnar was closer to Ivar than any other of his sons now, even Bjorn, that he loved so much. He reminded him of his love for Lagertha, he never admitted that, not even to himself, but he never stopped loving Lagertha, his first love.

Aslaug told him what happened, the distorted truth at least. Ragnar hated to admit that, but Floki would know what to do, he was Ivar's father all of those years, so Ragnar called Floki. Floki, Helga and their baby came on the next day, Helga cared about Ivar too. Floki went to Ivar's room while Helga was talking to Ragnar, she was telling the great things that Bjorn was doing with his business, Ragnar couldn't be more proud of his first born.

Ivar poured his heart out to Floki, whom remained silent. Ivar cried until he couldn't cry anymore, Floki was promising himself to find Thays and brought them together again. She would never do that, this was Aslaug doing, Floki thought. When Ivar slept from so much crying, Floki left the room, he couldn't see Ivar like that again, so he called a trusted employee to help him find Thays.

His heart was ripped out of his chest when his employee found the death certificate, suicide. Another death by Aslaug, she deprived her own son from happiness, just because of money and status, Floki screamed, but he screamed because of Ivar's happiness. He knew that he loved Thays, the same look in his eyes, were the same when he looks at his beloved, Helga.

Ivar wanted to talk to Floki about his decision, he didn't care anymore about the jewelry that Thays tried to steal. He loved her so much that he was willing to look the other way about that, she wanted to go to college, maybe that was the reason, maybe she wanted be more than a maid, Ivar tried to reason with himself.

He went to Floki's office, his secretary told him that Ivar could wait on his office, he entered and sat on Floki's chair. He started to read some documents that were on his desk, since he would've need to become familiar with those things. His heart stopped when he saw, the love of his life died, but she didn't only died, she killed herself.
The death certificate read:

Cause of death: Hemorrhage caused by cuts on both wrists.

The female presented signs of mal nutrition and dehydration. Also, signs of miscarriage at the twenty-fourth week of pregnancy, the cause of the miscarriage is inconclusive.

With the death certificate were some photos of the crime scene, they didn't took a picture of her face, but the blood on the bed was clear and scared on Ivar's mind forever. After that, he read the note:

"I lost everything, I lost the love of my life, he blamed me for something I didn't do. I thought that our love was stronger but I was wrong, it wasn't, it was just a summer affair.

But when I discovered that I was pregnant, the world had color again, I was having a baby boy, I didn't care about the hunger anymore, I just wanted to have my son in my arms, my own baby boy.

But I lost my world when I woke up bleeding, and the doctor said that I had a miscarriage, I wanted to die. And I will, I will be with my unborn son again, and I'll be happy at least.

I hate the Lothbroks, I hate you even more Ivar, I thought that you loved me, but I was clearly wrong. I lost my son because of you and your family.
When all I wanted from you, was love. Farewell forever Ivar, I truly hope that you loved me, even if it was briefly, I would hate to think that the joy of my life wasn't conceived with love.

Thays."

Ivar was crying and he didn't knew what to do, Thays killed herself because of the miscarriage, she was pregnant with his child, and he let money got in the way. He remembered, clear was it was like yesterday, she wanted to tell him something important, she was pregnant and Ivar didn't listen to her, it was his fault and Ivar knew it. The note was very clear, Thays blamed him and his family, she had every right to, Ivar thought.

When Floki entered the office, he immediately yelled at the secretary and fired her, Ivar wasn't supposed to saw that.

"She killed herself." Ivar whispered, he was on the floor, without his prosthetic legs.

"I know." Floki hugged him on the floor and Ivar cried on Floki's chest.

"When did you got this?" Ivar was sobbing and Floki was truly worried, he never saw Ivar like that.

"Yesterday, I didn't knew how to tell you, I'm truly sorry Ivar." Floki tried to calmed Ivar, but failed.

"I was going to ask for your help to find her, but now I lost her forever, and my child." Ivar wondered how the child would be, but now, he would never know.

Aslaug made Ivar got engaged to a heiress Lily, she was the truly beautiful, and just like Aslaug, she came from old money. The girl was innocent too, just like Ivar in this whole history, both of them dragged to an engagement just to fulfill their parents ambitions. She believed in fairy tales and love, she just wanted a man that loved her. But her mother took her innocence away, saying that there's no such thing as a marriage with love. That broke the girl, she became dark, her parents were an example of love for her, now she knew that wasn't true. She's not innocent anymore, she's totally changed, and now Ivar was marrying to his mother replica. They hated each other, Ivar thought that she was shallow, Lily thought that he was rude and awful.

But there was nothing that Ivar could say to his mother to make her give up, and deep down he knew that he needed to forget the only girl that he wanted to marry.

Thays.