Part 10

Ivar Lothbrok was depressed.

Ever since Thays walked out on him, he was truly depressed. The day he confronted her, part of him wanted her to apologize or even say something in her defense, but she didn't, and that killed him.

He even talked about her to his father, Ragnar was truly happy for his son. Ragnar wanted his son to have a normal life, he didn't want his son suffering from judging eyes. So Ragnar was truly happy for his son, he talked to Thays a few times, he saw that she's a good kid, good for his son.

When Ivar was in Paris, he missed her so much. He was truly impressed by Thays reaction when she saw his legs, he expected at least disgust or maybe surprise, but she didn't do any of that. Ivar thought that she was the one, her soul and heart were pure. He didn't want a girl like his mother, he wanted a girl that didn't care about money or social status.

One day when Ivar was walking on the Champs Elysées, he entered Cartier store, he loved that store, since he could remember. He saw a ring, and something came on his mind, a crazy thought, on his mind and heart, the thought of maybe, she felt the same way as he did.

He loved her, and hopefully she loved him too.

So he picked a ring, a ring to propose to Thays. To say that what he felt was true, he was afraid that his money or family could scare her away, he didn't want that, he wouldn't allow that. The ring was beautiful, it was truly astonishing, but she was more, this ring would only accentuate her beauty, Ivar thought.

Ivar knew that proposing to her would be a risk, they were together for a short period of time, but that didn't stop the thoughts of a family with her, filling a huge house with a lot of children

Ivar knew that proposing to her would be a risk, they were together for a short period of time, but that didn't stop the thoughts of a family with her, filling a huge house with a lot of children. Ivar always wanted a son, he wanted a daughter too, but a son always was his first choice, if he could choose.

He called his mother to tell her the great news about his engagement, he wanted to make a huge surprise, since she never traveled abroad, he would took her to Paris, his favorite city in the world. They would visit every single thing in the city, stoping at the Eiffel Tower, they would have dinner at the Tower and then he would propose. He didn't care about those things, and he knew that she didn't either, but he wanted to do it anyway, he wanted to make his future wife happy. His mother suggested that he would picked her and took her on the jet, Ivar agreed.
When he came home, everything was ready, he looked for his mother. When he found his mother, she said that Thays was in her room, so he went there, to tell her the great surprise that he prepared for her. When he entered the bedroom, everything was organized, as always, Ivar smiled to himself. A black bag caught his attention, he never saw that. When he opened the bag, his world was crushed, Thays was stealing from his family, from his mother. She was just like the others, a person that wanted to get close to him just to get the attention of the media or a job with father. This was the reason that Floki was his only friend, Ivar didn't trust nobody but him, and now, the only girl that he gave his heart and would've given his name, that he would've spent the rest of his life, betrayed him.