Part 2

"Shit, I need to go back to work." Of course that Aslaug's favorite son would help me, I'm so screwed.

"Wait, you're telling me that my mother knows and doesn't do anything?" I could see that he's angry.
He's not like her, so he doesn't know how she really is, and I'm not gonna tell him.

"Look, thanks for helping me, but now I need to go back to work. I need to make the dinner." I ran out of his room and I went to mine, I changed the uniform and went to the kitchen.
I need to finish Hvitserk's "pre-dinner", the boy loves my food so much, that he makes me cook a different one before the actual dinner.

I was finishing fixing his plate when he entered the kitchen, he's really hungry.

"What did you cook for me?" He asked, looking at the plate.

"Slow-roasted Sirloin with Anchovy Butter, Potato Gratin and Baby Carrots." I give him the plate and he started to eat.

"This is amazing, you should be a chef." He said with his mouth full.

"Maybe, who knows." I said while cleaning the kitchen.

When he was finishing eating, Ivar entered the kitchen. I didn't look at him in the eye, how could I? I barely know the guy and he already saw me in my underwear.

"Brother, I see that the years didn't make your appetite go away." He said smirking at Hvitserk.

"Ivar, how long have you been here?" Hvitserk was really excited that Ivar was here.

"Just a few hours." He looked at me, and I looked away.

Oh boy, he's so handsome, too bad that he's from this family.

"I see that you've met Thays, she's our maid since her mother died." Hvitserk informed Ivar, like I wasn't even in the room.

"Yes, she was cleaning my room when I arrived." Ivar lied and I signed relieved.
I hope that he doesn't confront Aslaug about Sigurd, somehow she's gonna blame me for what happened.

"Aslaug went shopping for you, she asked Thays to make your favorite, lamb, I can't wait." Hvitserk smirked and Ivar frowned.

"You just had dinner, you're gonna eat again?" Hvitserk chuckled.

"That was his pre-dinner." I said, trying to control my laugh.

Ivar looked at me, oh God, there isn't a single flaw on him.

"Yes, she's kind enough to make me one." Hvitserk laughed and Ivar rolled his eyes.

"Oh my baby, I'm so happy that you're here." Aslaug hugged Ivar tightly, I hope he doesn't say anything to her.

"I'm happy to be here too, where's father?" He asked concerned.

"Don't worry, your father is still in Paris. He's not gonna come home, I was going to met him there, but now that you're here, I'm not going anymore." She signed happy.

"Thays, can you make the lamb, please?" She said to me, and me and Hvitserk frowned and we looked at each other.

"Sure, I'm gonna do it now." I said and I started to get the things.

"Thank you." After that she left.

"It seems that you're gonna catch a break, Ivar is here so she needs to pretend that she has a heart." Hvitserk whispered to me and left the kitchen.
Ivar came close to me.

"Hey, are you alright? I can't believe that Sigurd lied like that, saying that our mother knows about this." He said annoyed.

Now I get it, he's one of those people that think his family is perfect, he's clueless.