Chapter 11 "Destiny's wishes"

Destiny
Once again, the heart torn apart
I'm the clown without make up
The big curtain just came down
On summer

Destiny was looking at the lives of our two lovebirds living the lives they were not supposed to... Terry with a noose around his neck, Candy who didn't want to be alone and who turned to her best friend for help... All that didn't please little Angel, who was looking for a way to help her parents get back together. Her father married his fiancée, who had stolen her little brother or sister! Nothing was happening like in her dream! Daddy and Mommy didn't get married. Daddy was with the thief and Mommy was with the good doctor... She didn't have any good feeling about any of it.

"Come on Angel, you're not a little genius for nothing... make your brain work..."

She started typing on her laptop...

*
* *

Terry was woken up by his cell phone...

- Hello...

- Terry?

- Mum...

- What have you done?

- What?

- You got married!

- Mum...

- You could've told me

- You're shooting a movie...

- I wanted to be there, I might have stopped you from committing that nonsense...

- Mum, please...

- What was it this time?

- I was engaged to her mum, remember?

- Yes, but that was before you found out Candy had had your baby... and you were supposed to make another one...

- Yes, by in vitro fertilization?

- So did Candy get inseminated?

- No...

- Why?

- Susanna stole Candy's embryo... did you forget about that?

- Great! And she's blackmailing you once again! She's got you in her pocket; I bet she's forcing you to make love to her too...

- Mum...

- Oh my God! Poor Candy! She must be devastated...

- She fucking her doctor...

- And you're fucking your one legged wife... Marvelous! What a big mess! Sound like a very bad movie script...

- Susanna is threatening to hurt the baby if I leave her, I can't risk the life of that baby who is guaranteed to save Angel...

- How is our little Angel? I'll come and see her once I'm done with this movie...

- She's fine; she's getting out in a few weeks... to wait for the birth of the baby...

- And did she take your wedding?

- She's disappointed by this whole situation...

- It's a disaster you and Candy did!

- How could she be with her doctor? Said Terry upset

- You're with your wife right?

- I'm forced to be, she's not forced to do anything with anyone!

- If I understand you correctly, you want her to wait for you, while you fuck your wife every day?

- Mum your language is just adorable... I hope you'll wash your mouth when you'll meet your granddaughter...

- Did you ask her to wait for you?

- She's so angry... and I don't dare to, she's going to refuse... marriage is sacred for her... oh mum! This is just one big mess!

- You can say that again, but it's to save Angel... I'm going to let you go, honey... Find a solution to your problem...

- Bye mum... I love you

- I love you too...

Terry hung up his cell phone and Susanna turned around and curled up against him...

Susanna had to go to her monthly check up. She had to have a series of tests to make sure that everything was fine and that her heart was handling the pregnancy well...

Terry went to see Angel while Susanna was having the tests done.

- Daddy, said Angel

- Are you ok, sweetie?

- I'm fine, what about you?

- I'm fine... Susanna is having some tests done...

- Oh? Is everything fine with the baby?

- Everything is fine, they're just checking if the pregnancy is going fine... and that her body won't reject the embryo...

- Ok, said Angel...

- How's your mum?

- She's fine... she's dating Dr. Michael...

- I know...

- It doesn't bother you?

- Yes, but what should I do? I'm married...

- It wasn't supposed to happen like that... we were supposed to have two babies like in my dream... Juliet and Sunny

- Juliette? That's a pretty name for a girl...

- Sunny for a boy...

- Sunny?

- "Freckles", gift of the sun...

- Oh... good one, said Terry smiling

He spent time with his daughter and then he went to pick up Susanna to take her back to the hotel He found Susanna sulking in the doctor's office.

- What's going on? Is everything all right? Asked Terry

- No! Said Susanna sulking, tell this doctor that he made a mistake!

- That he made a mistake about what?

- Monsieur Grandchester, according to the tests, to avoid any risks of miscarriage or premature birth... you will have to stop all sexual activities until the birth of the baby...

Terry had to make a big effort not to burst out laughing. No more sex with Susanna? That's something he hadn't planned on! But he had to keep a good face...

- Susanna, you wouldn't want anything to happen to the baby right?

Susanna didn't reply.

- Honey, said Terry, you knew it was a big responsibility to carry someone else's child, on one hand, because your body has to adjust to this "alien being" inside it, on the other hand, your mind has to adjust too, as a surrogate mother, you have to put someone else's baby first... so for the next 8 months, we are going to abstain ourselves from making love...

Susanna gave Terry killer eyes. Things were not happening like she wanted... She won't have Terry in her bed to make love to her anymore!

- Millions of women make love until the day they give birth! Said Susanna still sulking.

- They don't have your condition, Susanna, I don't want to risk the life of the this baby, it's way too precious... Let's go back home. Let's go say goodbye to Angel... Thank you very much doctor. See you next month.

Susanna got out still sulking and she walked towards the elevators, followed by Terry. She was still sulking when they got to Angel's room.

- Is everything all right Miss Marlowe? Asked Angel.

Susanna gave her a mean look and didn't reply. Terry shook his head. Kelly MacFly was not there, so Susanna didn't need to act. Angel smiled, happy to see that everything was not perfect for Susanna after the dirty trick she played on her parents.

Terry was on cloud nine... he didn't have to make love to Susanna anymore! He was very happy. Only 8 months left, 8 months of abstinence.... He will have to keep an eye on Susanna, to make sure she won't do anything to hurt the baby.

Susanna was about to explode! Having Terry looking after her, without having her in her bed... but he was away from Candy...

Candy arrived with Michael who was holding her by the shoulders.

- Hello my Angel, said Candy going to hug her daughter.

- Hello mommy! How are you? Doctor Michael...

- Hello my little Angel, said Michael.

- I'm fine baby, what about you?

- I'm doing great! I'll be able to go home very soon...

- I know, that's wonderful! Said Candy smiling.

- Yes, it is... I'll be able to go to school if I want or videoconference and send my work to the teachers...

- Yes, said Candy, you'll do what you want.

- Evan is getting out too, said Terry smiling.

- Yes, that's great! He's healed! Thank you again daddy!

- You're welcome... since he's got no family, I'm going to take him home with me...

- What? Said Susanna! No way!

Terry turned to Susanna.

- The decision is not yours Susanna. I'm taking Evan in charge, he's going to live with us...

- Or he can come and live with us, said Angel, the house is big and daddy, you could come and see him whenever you want...

Susanna realized that Evan was another way to keep Terry a little longer and close to her... If Evan went to live with Candy...

- He can stay with us at the hotel, said Susanna; I'm just surprised that you didn't tell me about it before, after all, we are married...

That was one for Candy!

- Evan would've been welcome with us, said Candy.

- The problem is solved! Said Susanna aggressive.

- Calm down Susanna, said Candy, it's not good for the baby!

- You leave me alone! Said Susanna.

- Not in front of Angel! Said Terry and Michael at the same time.

Angel thought the scene was funny. Susanna and mommy were both jealous of one another...

- Susanna, let's go, said Terry, bye Angel.

He kissed her on the cheek and left the room with Susanna. Candy had a sigh of relief.

- You have to calm down honey, said Michael, and not only for the baby Susanna has in her belly, he added in a whisper.

- I know, said Candy, but she gets on my nerves.

- She had her first check up, said Angel, and I'm wondering why she's sulking.

- I hope everything is fine with the baby, said Candy.

- Everything is fine, said Michael, otherwise, they would've told us. Ok, I have to go to my rounds and see my patients...
He kissed Candy on the lips.

- See you later honey...

- See you later, said Candy

- See you later Angel...

- Bye doctor Michael.

Michael left Angel's room, closing the door behind him. Candy looked at Angel. She knew her daughter... She had a way of talking , meaning she knew something...

- Ok, young lady, I'm waiting... You know why Susanna is sulking?

- Mommy what do you mean? Said Angel playing innocent.

- You're a little genius and you've got answers to all the questions! Out with it...!

- Mommy, all I do in this room is be on my laptop, said Angel innocently.

Candy walked to her daughter's bed and she took the laptop... She opened her eyes with stupor. Angel had managed to hack into the hospital system and she has Susanna's file in front of her eyes. Candy started reading. The temptation was too big; after all, it was her baby in Susanna's belly! She has to know if the baby was fine or not... Her heart skipped a beat when she saw that Susanna had threats of miscarriage... She can't lose that baby...! Then she saw the solution to the problem and she burst out laughing! She looked at her daughter and they were both laughing. Candy put the laptop on the table and hugged her daughter. Terry and Susanna were not going to make love anymore for the next 8 months!!! That was the best news in the world!!! Her secret wish... had just come true...