Chapter 7 "Destiny's memories"

Terrence Grandchester had always been a loner. He didn't have any friends in his social class, because he thought people were hypocrites and the younger ones were no exceptions. They all wanted to be his friends because of his father's wealth and title. That's why, when he met Candy, who didn't seem interested in his fortune, and she was very attractive at the same time, he felt alive for the first time in his life. The summer in Scotland with her cousins and her friends had been wonderful. He was able to be himself, the young boy who was having fun like a normal kid! He was happy to have been able to help them. He could've just put money on their personal bank accounts, but he knew his friends wouldn't have taken it very well. .. Helping them by making them work was very ingenious and Candy had been so grateful to him that the thank you kiss she had given him had reignited the flame of passion between them... A flame which truly, was really never extinguished. In fact ever since their first time, the flame was never extinguished...

It was during the May Festival... Candy and Terry were dating since Valentine's Day in fact...
He had given her a card for Valentine's Day. Not one of those little cards students gave to each other, but a very beautiful musical card playing the "Romeo and Juliet" theme, with a very romantic text. But there was a handwritten message from Terry saying: "Do you want to be my Juliet? If you agree, join me on the hill at 10 PM... Your Romeo".

During the dance, Candy was avoiding his eyes; it's almost as if she was snubbing him! He was dancing with other girls, but he only wanted to dance with Candy... He went on the hill, not very sure of himself, not knowing if she was going to show up or not. He waited anxious. He started thinking, if she didn't show up, what a humiliation! But he knew he could trust Candy not to say anything. She had never told anyone about the fact that he was crying the first time she saw him, not even to him... despite all his provocations. That girl was for him. He was ready to humiliate himself to ask her to go out with him. Fifteen minutes passed, Terry looked at his watch. She's not coming! Maybe she only saw a friend in him? He was the one having illusions. He was getting discouraged, he was about to turn and go back to his room, when he heard a noise... But it wasn't her. He left discouraged towards his room with the intention of getting drunk, he was going to go out... Yes, he was going to go out in a bar to get drunk. It was party time; the nuns were not going to pay attention... Candy... the love he had for her was one sided? He loved her so much... He arrived in his room, and he realized he forgot his key, or he had lost it somewhere... he decided to retrace his steps, which took him back to the hill. He saw a shade behind the tree...

- Who's there?

- Terry?

- Candy? what are you doing there?

- Didn't you tell me to come here if I wanted to be your Juliet?

- Listen, you didn't show up, it's over, ok? Forget about it...

- No, I don't want to forget about it, I just read your card... I haven't read anything since this morning. I was bored during the party, so...

- Ah... well, I saw you dance a lot

- I was waiting for you to invite me and since you were not doing it... I said to myself that I was only a little monkey you liked to tease, nothing more... so I went back to my room all sad and I started to read my messages. I read your card last and I was surprised and happy so I ran... to find out you weren't here, unfortunately... You must've thought I had stood you up... I'm here Romeo... if it's not too late... I want to be your Juliet...

Terry couldn't believe his ears. He approached her...

- Oh my Juliet! He said with a smile, I thought you didn't want me...