WEDDING PLANS

Having an already tight schedule didn't bode well with planning a wedding. At least that was what Arjun has been learning recently. He was supposed to be with Radhika right now at their wedding planners office to pick a venue that suited them. After Arjun proposed to Radhika about one month ago, Sam and Manya were excited as if it was their own wedding. They appointed themselves as wedding planners but that didn't work out well. Neil proposed to Sam and they had their own wedding to plan. Manya caved under the pressure of planning two weddings and finally Radhika convinced everyone to hire a wedding planner for both the weddings.

Next problem arose when the wedding planner they hired proclaimed that they did personalized weddings. They will get to know the bride and groom first, then will plan accordingly. No two weddings are similar, they said. But the problem was that Arjun had a hectic work schedule recently and couldn't take a day off for meeting with the planner.

Radhika, being the angel that she is, insisted that she will do majority of the work. But that didn't ease his mind. He knew she didn't mind but he still felt guilty.

Finally, he thought, as he closed the file he was working on and rushed outside to the parking lot to make it in time to the planner's meeting. Radhika would already have reached and he wanted to be there on time for once. He smarted the heavy traffic and parked in front of 'Wedding Bells', their wedding planner's office.

Arjun went inside to find Radhika seated in front of their wedding planner, Sarah. Both women were laughing as if they were having a good time. It always struck him seeing Radhika laugh. Her whole face would light up, the darkness of the past long forgotten. It was the best sight in the whole world.

He must have made some sound coming in, as they both turned to look at him. Seeing him there, Radhika appeared surprised and then slowly the biggest smile he have ever seen came on to her face. That was enough for him. Whatever she may say to ease his mind for not being able to be there for these meetings and however she may say he will only be in the way if he was there, he knew she secretly wanted him to be there, to hold her hand and to share these moments. And that was what she was going to get, him fully involved in even the tiniest of moments.

"Sorry for being late." He said as he took the seat next to Radhika and held her hand in his. She smiled up at him as if he have hung the moon himself and then turned back to Sarah to continue their conversation. He felt his phone vibrating in his pocket but he ignored it. Whatever was happening, it only came after her. And to see that smile, he would ignore a million phone calls.