Welcome to Hell

Song of the Chapter:

"Welcome To Your Life" -Grouplove

Welcome to your life, yeah, yeah

It could be a fantasy, yeah, yeah

Welcome to your world, my girl

Let it be your fantasy, oh yeah

          After she had given in and used Google Maps to find her way home, Eliryn spent a half hour in the shower before stressing over the fancy attire she would have to present herself in. After all, it was just school. What difference did it make if you looked good? You're there to learn and sit in a desk all day. Might as well be comfy while doing so. After deciding on a pair of designer jeans, a gift from Kay, and a floral blouse with beading on the neckline, Eliryn felt like she was dressed well enough. She decided on black and white converse before heading into the bathroom to finish getting ready. She brushed through her hair and sprayed in some anti-frizz before letting it fall in its natural soft waves down past her shoulders. Her hair was a dark brown, and it was almost indistinguishable from black at times. It was usually pretty manageable, and Eliryn didn't mind if it wasn't perfect. She finished her look with some mascara over her crystal blue eyes and swiped some chapstick over her lips. She said goodbye to Mack, who was eating toast and watching the news. Afterwards, Eliryn walked out to the garage and hopped in her new car. It was a dark grey Mercedes-Benz and it was a little fancy for her taste. However, she was grateful for Kay and Mack giving her the gift. After driving for about five minutes, Eliryn entered the parking lot of her new school. She parked in a spot not quite up front but not far enough away to be a long walk. After stepping out and looking around, Eliryn found herself gawking. She looked up at Canopy High School in all its grandeur and chuckled softly at the fact that she would be spending her senior year of high school at one of the most acclaimed in the country. Kay would do this type of shit to her. When Kay told Eliryn about Canopy, she made it seem much less expensive sounding. Eliryn should have known better what with the fact that they lived in a fucking mansion. The neighborhood would obviously have a good school.

          "Here goes nothing." She muttered softly to herself.

          She slung her backpack over her shoulder and began the ascent to the main doors. Walking in, Eliryn had no idea where to go. The place was massive. A sign that read 'offices' pointed her down a bright hallway. She followed the sign and stepped through the first door, being greeted by a sour secretary.

          "Can I help you?" The woman asked, giving Eliryn a once over.

          "Um...yes. I'm new here and I was wo-"

          "Welcome to Canopy. New students must check in at the office next door." She didn't sound very welcoming.

          "Oh okay. Thanks." Eliryn said, walking out and and over to the next office.

          The sign read 'Guidance Office'. Eliryn walked in to find a much more pleasant scene. The secretary smiled up at her and greeted her with a simple 'hello.'

          "Hi. I am a new student and I was just wondering where to pick up my schedule and maybe a map of the school?" Eliryn asked the woman.

          "Of course dear! No need for a map. We will provide you with a guide to help you navigate the grounds. Last name?"

          "Um..Reed." Eliryn said, unsure of whether or not Kay registered her with her last name or theirs.

          "Alright. Let's see here...Eliryn, is it?"