IIII.

Katherine.

I had awoken back in front of the spinning wheel, my head on the soft grass. Harry just stood there puzzled. "So did you meet my mom?" He asked me as I sat up straight. I couldn't speak. It was all so real yet it.. "Hello earth to Katherine!" Harry sang as I was taken out my thoughts and brought back to reality. "Yes Harry I met your mother and she told me that Aurora was my mother. And that my visions and dreams will lead to the answers I seek." I said standing up. "My mom is green isn't she?" He asked me. "You never saw your mother before?" I asked him as he smiled. "I was given after birth to a foster mother. I never saw my real mother." He said as he looked at me. "Yes Harry she's green. Fully green." I said as a bird flew down and landed on his shoulder. "Diablo was the only thing I knew about my mother. She left him to watch over me. No Diablo, be kind this is a friend. No pecking or biting allowed." Harry said. I reached out to touch him and he snapped his beak at my finger, the little jerk was gonna bite me! I took my finger away and Harry gave the bird a certain look and by the look on the birds face he knew he was in trouble. "You'll have to excuse my bird, he's never been touched by anyone other than me and my mother." Harry said as he walked beside me. "You know what! Why don't you join me for dinner at my castle? You can be our guest and I'll have the cook make us whatever you'd like!" Harry sang happily as he took my hand in his and kissed it. The bird hissed at me. "Diablo!" Harry cried angrily. The bird had an evil smirk and one eyebrow raised. It creeped me out. "I don't know.. I should probably get back home, it's getting late." I said nervously. "Nonsense! You're just in time for the masquerade!" Harry said as we walked towards the castle.. "the what?" I asked confused. "Oh dear lord!" Harry groaned as he hit forehead with his hand. Diablo rolled it's eyes in annoyance. "My darling, it's a ball with masks." Harry explained. "B-But I don't have anything to-" Harry stopped me as I almost finished my sentence. "I'm sure annaleigh will be able to find you a suitable dress." Harry noted. "Oh okay. So that's your castle?" I asked. "Yep that's home." He said with a smile. "It's so dull and spooky looking." I said as Harry laughed. "My mother never was into colors or patterns mostly just black everything." He said as he opened the door and it squeaked as the squeak echoed through the halls. I walked in and Harry lead me to a room. "This my dear is where you'll find a dress for tonight. I sat in front of a three mirrored vanity and combed my hair with my fingers and sang my mother songs. "I know you I walked with you once upon a dream, I know you the gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam, and I know it's true that's visions are seldom all they seem.. but if I know you, I know what you'll do you'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream." I turned to noticed that Harry had disappeared and a woman stood in the doorway. "Sorry if I intruded, I'm annaleigh one of Harry's servants. I was informed I needed to help you find a gown for tonight's party. By the way you have a lovely singing voice." She said as she showed me to a nice wardrobe, inside was a selection of beautiful ball gowns. "Purple or red, which one?" I asked her as she blushed softly. "Master Harry doesn't care for my opinion." She said as she looked down. "Well I'm not Harry, now seriously as a friend to another which color do you think would look best on me?" I asked her. "The purple." She said as she smiled. I slipped it on in the bathroom and came out. "Can you zip me up?" I asked her. "Yes Ms. Katherine." She said as she zipped up my dress. She put my hair up in a fancy braided design and I grabbed matching mask and slipped it around my neck. "My don't you look beautiful." A voice said from behind me. I knew that voice all too well, the servent girl froze in her place and fainted from horror. "B-But I thought.. you were dead!" I said confused. Her green face shined from the sun light. "I'm a fairy and fairies don't die. Unless you say you don't believe then they die." She laughed. "My son is playing a dangerous game." She cooed as she sat on the bed. "Have you ever heard the term, 'if you play with fire you're bound to get burnt?'" she asked me. "Yes very well." I nodded. "You're a princess and well.. he's a dark fairy. Those two have never formed a proper relationship before my son spotted you. His song puts you in a trance and leads you to him. All those visions at night, aren't visions dear child they're memories from your baby years." She said as she held out a necklace. "I-Ive seen that before!" I said as I took out my sketch pad and showed her the drawing of it. "What pray tell do you call this magic?" She asked pointing to the drawing. "It's called drawing people do it for fun. It's not magic exactly. I took the necklace in my hand and looked it over. "That was your mothers Katherine." She spoke. "Is she still alive? Where is she?" I asked puzzled. "She's alive, stuck in another dimension and to bring her back you'll have to defeat.. well it won't be easy I suppose." She laughed softly. "Defeat what?" I asked her. "Me." She said as she waved one of the sides of her cape and disappeared. I walked downstairs and found Harry talking to a whole bunch of people. "There you are beautiful." He said excitedly. "Harry can we talk?" I asked him. "If you'll excuse me for me a moment." He said as his company nodded and he followed me. "What?" He asked me. "I saw your mother again." I said as Harry face turned pale. "What did she say?" I asked with a smile. "She said that my mother is stuck in another dimension, and in order for me to bring her back I have to defeat your mother." I said nervously. "You have to what?!" Harry freaked out. "Well if you're going to do that... I'm coming with you." He said as he looked into my eyes. "My mother was never there for me either. To be honest." He said as he looked down. "We leave tomorrow at dawn." He said as he nodded and took my hand as he lead me into the crowd of masked people, music played by a live and small orchestra. Harry pulled me close and pulled the mask over my eyes. "Mi amor." He said as he began to dance with me. I was lost in his hazel eyes, his British accent hynotized me and it was like the whole world melted away and it was just us two dancing. And two green dragon eyes glowing in the dark corner of the room.. "Katherine?" He asked as his voice snapped me out of my trance and I realized everyone was staring at me as my face was pale white as if I had seen a ghost. No not a ghost, two dragon eyes... And they looked straight at me. "Are you alright?" He asked worriedly. "Dragons eyes." I said softly as he helped me sit down. "Dragon eyes? What on Earth?" Harry confused. And then he saw them too for a split second when our hands touched and he fell out of his chair and onto the floor in complete horror. "I saw them, they're my mother's eyes." He said as he shook in fear. "She's waiting for us." He said nervously as all the guests stood there and stared in silence as the room went awkwardly silent. She's waiting for us... I was taken aback by his words and couldn't speak. I just sat there, in silence and all eyes were on me. Three lights flew beside me, one red, one blue and one green. I didn't know how to react so I ran and they followed. "Stupid bugs!" I cried they flew ahead of me and transformed to three older women in colored dresses and hats. I gasped and fainted as my face and body met the stone walkway below.