Chapter 14

Zack's POV

"That was a long ass first day." It was the second day of school finally and Matt was driving us to

school.

"Jesus Christ, I know man. I'm just glad it's finally over." I smirked in agreement. "We need to find

Jimbo a girlfriend this year. He hasn’t had one since what, freshmen year?"

"Ha, don't even tell me about it. The thing is though all the chicks at our school are either bitches or

are afraid of him so I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon."

Matt was quiet for a few of seconds. "Unless we can convert Sarah." We both busted out laughing.

"I don't think Jimmy would be the one to convert her if she was converted dude."

He smirked and pulled into a parking spot behind the school. "So how's the band going, Zee?"

"Dude we suck ass, I still can't believe the school let us play here last year."

"I still can't believe the cops thought you stole the mics." I laughed at the memory and nodded.

"What about you? How's Successful Failure goin'?"

"Dude, there's nothing successful about us. Our rhythm guitarist sucks, I wish we had you in the

band." I thought about what he said, maybe I should join Matt's band? I don't know, I'd have to think about this some more later.

"Head's up man, Kate's with Brian." Matt nodded towards the tree we eat lunch at. They were sitting

on the ground with their backs to it, cuddling. I made a face and braced myself for what I might have to face today.

Kate's POV

"Brian stop it!" I pushed his hand away from my side.

"What? You don't like it when I trace circles on your side?" He kept tracing circles while he asked

this. "No! I don't!"

He smiled and brought his mouth to my ear. "I think you do." And he started tickling me.

"Come on Bri, stop!"

"And if I don't?" He gave an evil smile waiting for my answer.

I looked him dead in the eye, "I won't kiss you for the next two days."

He glared at me then stopped. I smirked and pecked his cheek. He pulled me closer into his side and

kissed the top of my head. I smiled and looked over Brian's shoulder to see Matt and Zack walking over. Zack gave me a small smile when he noticed I saw him, I returned it.

"Hey you two." I smiled at Matt as he and Zack sat across from me and Brian.

"Hey, don't you two think you're going… a little fast?" Matt raised an eyebrow at us waiting for an

answer. I opened my mouth, but I didn't know what to say. I fidgeted in Brian's arms and he let go with a bit of hurt on his face. I shrunk back against the tree, embarrassed. Zack gave me a smirk, I returned it.

"Hey guys." Val walked over and sat next to Matt. He pulled her onto his lap and kissed her. She

smiled before resting her head on his shoulder.

"That will be you and me soon." Brian whispered in my ear then kissed my cheek. I smiled at him

and laid my head in his lap. He stroked my hair and laughed at me. Zack gave me another smirk before looking away. I wonder what was going on with him?