XXIV

Wesley~
"Who is he?" I muttered. Tristan took a protective step towards Ophelia.

The man laughed. He had blonde hair and brown eyes. He looked to be about our age, maybe older.

"What the hell are you doing here you son of a bitch?" Tristan growled. "It just wasn't enough to turn us in was it? You had to stay and watch."

The man narrowed his eyes grinning.

"Why'd you do it, Shane?" Ophelia asked, her voice quivering. "You're my brother."

Brother? Shane faltered, something shifting behind his eyes at the sound of her voice. "You know I don't have anything left Ophie. Dad took all of our money. I needed cash. They offered it... for you."

Tristan cursed. "You're such a piece of shit! How dare you trade her for money! What the hell is wrong with you!"

Shane clenched his fist threateningly. "Shut up. We didn't all get abilities, you know. The organization didn't take me in and hand me everything."

"Are you jealous?" Ophelia whimpered. "I thought you were better than this. I don't even know who you are."

He reached for her but she stepped away. "Stay the hell away from me." She hissed.

"I can't let you leave Ophie." His tone was sickly sweet like a mother telling a child their pet died.

"Well she's leaving." Tristan grabbed Ophelia's arm pulling her away. Before we could stop him Shane's hands closed around her throat, yanking her toward him.

"Let her go." Tristan pleaded. "You won't kill her. That's your sister."

Shane smiled a smirk so eerie that it chilled my bones. The dim light of the hallway cast a shadow across his already dark eyes. "This is not my sister." His grip tightened and Ophelia's skin became pale. "This is a monster."

Tristan lunged at him but something snapped, a cracking sound like stepping on a branch. Ophelia collapsed to the floor. Her neck at an awkward angle.

Shane disappeared around the corner as Tristan fell to his knees, tears streaming down his stained face. "We have to help her." His voice shook. "We have to do something." He held her hand pressing it to his face.

Avanali placed her arm around him. "We have to go Tristan. Ophelia would want us to go."

He shook his head frantically. "We can't leave her."

"She's already gone." I said.

His eyes met mine, they glowed yellow just as Margo's had done so many times before. "She would want us to save Margo, Tristan." I told him.

He nodded, letting go of her limp hand. Avanali helped him to his feet.

"Let's go find Margo."

Another short chapter but hey two days in a row is good. Thanks for reading. Be sure to vote! XOXO ~N.K