The Seer's Charm

The private discussion had gone on for what seemed like hours to Calemir.  Prey is low near Chilling Falls and high near the Red Blossom.  The Whitefire and Nightshade border is secure and so on and such.  The red-brown he-wolf lay with his head hanging low and his piercing forest green and ice blue eyes staring.  

Victor and Tori, his parents, asked him for his insight on certain matters, such as what they should do about the frequent stray Nightshade scent trails on their side of the border

Victor and Tori, his parents, asked him for his insight on certain matters, such as what they should do about the frequent stray Nightshade scent trails on their side of the border.  He would answer in a bored tone, that borders didn't exist for him and that he didn't know.  These types of responses irritated his father and made his mother uncomfortable. 

Victor, Tori, Max, and Lilli continued the meeting, leaving Calemir out of it until they needed his insight.  Calemir glanced about camp, his gaze skimming from wolf to wolf.  Sudden movement flashed at the very edge of his vision and he instinctively turned his gaze towards it.  His jaw opened slightly in surprise.  A he-wolf with bright, glowing red eyes and patchy, black fur was sprinting right towards his mother with a menacing glint in his eyes.  As the wolf galloped closer, Calemir wondered why no one else noticed the terrifying stranger.  

The strange wolf leapt at Tori, his maw wide, aiming for her neck.  The red eyed wolf met his gaze in mid air and his eyes glittered with joy and amusement.  Calemir's jaw dropped further as he waited in horror for his mother to be tackled but the wolf.  He shot to his paws when, to Calemir's confusion, the stranger dropped through Tori and walked out from inside of her like a ghost.  Nearby wolves looked up and stared at Calemir's suddenly strange behavior with confusion gleaming in their eyes.  

"Calemir?! What in the name of the Cosmic Territory did you jump for?"  His father exclaimed.  The startled he-wolf didn't seem to hear his fathers question and continued to stare at the black wolf.  The red-eyed wolf smirked and strutted away from Tori and towards the camp dirt-place.  His father's next statement woke him out of his trance.

"Calemir, you star gazer! Answer me!"  Victor snapped.  Calemir jumped, glancing from his father to the dirt-place.  

"I-i need to go make dirt."  Calemir blurted out.

Victor shook his head but replied with disdain, "Go then."  While Calemir trotted away from the group, Victor continued, "That boy needs to get himself together.  Most of the pack already don't like his powers, the last thing he needs to is to give them another reason to be uncomfortable around him."

Calemir grimaced at his fathers harsh words but he decided the stranger was more important than going back to snap a clever retort.   He felt the stares of him pack-mates burning into his fur as he sprinted to the dirt-place.  He reached the entrance and quickly ducked inside.  The black wolf stood on the far side, near the bramble wall, with his blood red eyes on Calemir.  The red-brown wolf stood just inside the entrance. and stammered, "Who-who are you?" 

The black wolf tilted his head to the left farther that Calemir had ever thought a wolf could before questioning in a hurt tone, "Who am I? You don't know?"