Chapter Three

A/N: I feel super bad about not updating for soooo many months omg but I really hope this chapter makes up for it. It’s pretty long too, about 5500 words, so yeah! Kisses, enjoy!!!

Caron at the side with cute little mice ears!!!

~::~

     Stifling a yawn, I continuously shake the sleeping figure beside me. “Cory, it’s time to get up,” I say, getting out of bed myself. It’s nearly seven in the morning but Brody demanded we be up at this time so we can be on campus on time. Today is the day we head to Barkley, and if it weren’t such an early hour in the morning then I would have been shaking with excitement. It doesn’t help that Cory and I had a late night last night, just watching movies nonstop, resulting in him falling asleep in my bed.

“I’m still sleepy,” Cory yawns himself, rubbing his eyes. I stare at him, melting on spot at how oddly adorable he looks in the morning. Like a 10 year-old being woken up. His disheveled hair, squinted eyes, and pink lips just make me want to go back into bed and never leave it, ever again. “Five more minutes, I promise.”

“You said that ten minutes ago, Cory. We have to get up now if you don’t want to get chewed out by Brody and Hannah.” I understand why we have to be up this early, really, but that doesn’t make it any less hard. I have been never a morning person myself, but if someone doesn’t get Cory up then we will both be late for sure.

Classes don’t necessarily start today; it’s just that we have to get to the apartment so we can unpack our things and get everything ready for when we do start school. We start two days and I’m kind of anxious to see what university life is like compared to high school. To not have people you know in your class, having to meet new people, new experiences. I’m excited but something tells me it won’t be anything like I expect it to be.

“Just leave me alone, Carson,” Cory whines, flipping himself around in my bed and grabbing my pillow to cover his head with, trying to block out my voice, I can only assume.

With his back faced to me, I know he won’t be expecting for me to do what I am about to do next. With a huge smirk plastered on my face, I lean in closer and tickle Cory’ exposed sides.

Soon he is a squirming mess, moving around all over my bed, while I am just trying to tickle every place my hands can find.

“Okay! Okay, I’m up, just stop,” Cory shrieks in between breaths. His face his completely red from laughter and lack of oxygen, yet I have no regrets. He’s done this to me on several occasions over the past week to get me up. Let’s just say I’m giving him a taste of his own medicine.

“You promise?” I ask, knowing he might just be saying that to get me to stop.

“I promise, Carson, just stop it.” Satisfied with his reply, I retreat my hands and back up a little to give him some space, in case he decides to retaliate. “That wasn’t very funny,” he huffs, his tinted cheeks puffed out. Yes, he is definitely a ten year-old boy in the body of an eighteen year-old.

“It wasn’t for my personal amusement, I needed a way to get you out of bed. We have about an hour before Brody, Vincent, and Hannah get here,” I inform him before leaving my bedroom and head to the bathroom. And an hour to say goodbye to everything I have ever known, I think to myself. As I walk out though, I can hear string of curse words thrown my way before Cory is falling back into the bed with a loud groan.

As I make my way into the bathroom, I can’t help but think about last night. It was fun, one of the greatest night I’ve spent with Cory but also one of the most frustrating. I promised myself that, no matter what, I would talk with Cory, confess everything. Honestly, I was completely prepared to tell him, just let all of my feelings out but then he made me make a promise to him.