Chapter Two

Carson and a song at the side 

~::~

        *Chapter Two*

"I honestly think you should just tell him," Brody said, repeatedly tossing a ball in the air only to catch it seconds later as he watched me pack my belongings.

Since Vincent is visiting his brother for the remainder of the weekend Brody decided to kick it at my house and hang out with me while he is gone. Cory is out with Hannah, shopping for our school necessities. We couldn’t really hangout at the mall or anything because there is a shitload of things that need packing, and I only just started packing mine today. Brody, being the complete ass he is, decided that instead of helping he would just lay on my bed and throw a ball pointlessly in the air. All the while trying to get me to "confess my feelings to Cory" as he's been trying to do for the last year; it never worked then and it isn’t about to work now, not matter how much convincing he did.

Sure, I like Cory more than humanly possible, but what will a confession do? It's only prone to ruining a perfectly good friendship that doesn’t need ruining in the least bit. I just can't get Brody to see things my way. He has this insane idea that Cory is into just as I am into him, and even though there are days I don't doubt it, it was still doubtable in itself.  

"Yeah, well I'd rather not," I said, shoving a few clothes into my duffle bag. I never understood why people ever folded their clothes; they are just going to get ruined in the end. Plus, I'm a very lazy person so if there is an easy way out of something, I take it.

Brody suddenly stood up from his spot on my bed just as I was putting the last of my clothes in my bag, only to have him snatching it out of my hand seconds after he approached me. "Dude, what was—?" I was slowly cut off by a sharp look from him, and everything seemed too grown more serious.  I knew more then anyone, except Vincent, that when Brody gets like this then he really is serious and right now I'm a little terrified.

"Remember in the hospital, after you badly injured your knee?" Brody ask, and I nodded my head, mind reeling back to one of the worst experiences of my life. "Well, remember when you asked that question?" he asked again.

"You mean when I asked you if you and Vincent had done it?" I asked, slowly growing confused as he spoke each word.

"No, you nimrod," he said, a deep blush growing on his face. At this I couldn't help but laugh; this was just too funny not to laugh about. I guess Brody didn’t find it as funny as I because next thing I know I’m receiving a big smack in turn. "It's not funny! Stop laughing!" he started whining now, only increasing the laughter bubbling within me.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry!" I said, finally coming down from my high of laughing hard. "Go on, what was the question I asked you that day?"

"You asked me whether I loved Vincent and I eventually said yes. Then, you asked me why I don't just tell him," he said as I started to recall that part of the conversation, but not understanding what that had to do with anything.

"Yeah, I remember, but what does tha—?"

"I said I was too scared to do so, and then you told me that life is about taking risks. Carson, I'm telling you this as a friend, this is definitely a risk worth taking.  How will you know if you never try," Brody lectures, leaving me staring at him in complete awe. I was excepting something, but not this. Once again, Brody has left me completely awe-struck, speechless. It's really no wonder why Vincent is with him, if he's this good of a friend than I can't imagine how perfect of a boyfriend he is. Still, I don’t like how he’s using my own words against me. That’s not fair play.