Chapter 20

Chapter 20

 Ryder’s POV

Once we arrived at the mall we wondered aimlessly around, wondering where to go first. It looks like Eris doesn’t have much experience in malls. We talked about nothing important until we were about to talk in a store and Eris blurted out, “Do you really like being my friend or do you just feel guilty.”

I was definitely shocked about the question. “of course I feel guilty, I mean I abandoned you when you needed me the most. Bu that is not the reason I am your friend. I am your friend because you are an amazing person. You are funny, gentle, sweet positive person. You see the good in people. I mean look at me, I totally left you behind with no regards for anyone but myself and you’re still here for me.” I said in one breath.

She gave me a small smile and dragged me into a clothing store.

……………………….

After we were loaded with everything we needed (and a few extra gifts just because), when Eris got a call. “Oh hey…just at the mall with Ryder……um, I guess…ok see you then…no you hang up first, Alright this is getting weird, bye.”

           She hung up and got a red tint in her cheeks. “OH, who’s that?” I ask jokingly. “Well there’s this guy-“ “A guy! You have a boyfriend and you haven’t told me yet. What a friend you are?” I try to yell seriously but in the end in a laugh.

          “His name is Blake, and he’s not my boyfriend. You could just say we are really, really, REALLY good friends. I just got invited to dinner…I think.” She explained.

  Then I laughed. More than I was supposed to but still, I laughed, hard. It was actually quite embarrassing in the middle of a mall.

          I looked up with tears in my eyes to see Eris looking from me to around her where people were looking for the source of the noise.

 “Take a picture. It lasts longer!” I stopped laughing to look at Eris and say, “Who are you and what have you done with my best friend!”

  She blurted out, “She got bored and ran off!”

 At that we both burst off laughing, walking outside to my car so we could put our MANY bags away, hand in hand.

……………………

Blake’s POV

Putting the phone down I let out the breath I didn’t know I was holding in. Was that supposed to be hard, asking a girl on a date? I am stronger then that…I am an alpha. A nervous, over enthusiastic, sort of clingy alpha.

          ‘Alpha! Rouges, Heading north!’  I didn’t waist a second running outside the pack house and shifting into my pure white wolf. I took off north following the trail of my packs scent. As I got farther north I also caught the scent of a garbage can. A garbage can full of dead rats, smelly gym socks, and poop…horse poop.

          I sped up when I saw Mike’s (My beta) tan wolf and Thomas’s (My third) light brown wolf chasing a yellow figure. It was like a mustard yellow, really unattractive if you ask me. I feel bad for his mate.

          I decided to circle around them enough so after a few minutes I came face to face with the rouge blocking its path.

“SHIFT!” I yell in my alpha voice. A rouge doesn’t have an alpha so they are immediately attracted to the comfort and control of one. The wolf walks behind a tree and shifts. In front of me stood a man mid forty’s, naked. I also went off to the side and shifted, grabbing two pairs of shorts I kept hidden everywhere.

          I came back out to see make and Thomas sending the rouge glairs from behind. I threw the rouge a pair of short and asked, “Why are you on my land?”    “I’m looking for someone. To send a message to. Her name is Eris. You know her?” The sound of her name immediately put me on edge. “What about her?” I ask defensively.

          “Just tell her that -and I quote- that she picked the wrong man. I don’t know just tell her ok.” And before I could blink he had shifted and ran off in the opposite direction of the pack house.

          “Wow that was weird. He guy I gotta go. I taking Anna on a date. Wish me luck.” And with that Thomas ran off with a nervous smile on his face.

          I feel like I am missing something but I just can’t remember.

I going to go think this over. “I said and jogged in human form back to the pack house.

By the time I got back it as at least 11:00. I just had to sleep this over. I then took a shower and hit the hay. But before I went to bed I couldn’t shake the feeling that something was wrong…something I was missing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Sorry for late night update. Couldnt wait

VOTE                                      COMMENT