Ch. XIII

Kyuta listened as he heard Iouzen tell where he found Ichirohiko.
So, Ichirohiko really was human. That would explain the way he looked and the hole that appeared when he kicked Kyuta at their gate.

"Ichirohiko is lost and drifting. No can do anything for him, unless the darkness that possess him can be driven from him" the master explained

Kyuta moved away from the door and was about to walk off. He jumped when he saw someone sitting on the floor. It was Sakumi. She had her legs to her chest and her ears were lowered in sadness.
"Sakumi" he said
"You're going after him, aren't you?" she asked. not looking at him
Kyuta didn't say anything but nodded his head. Sakumi breathed in deep and stood up, "I'm coming too" she said
"What?"
"I have to go with you" she said, "Ichi helped me when I was a kid, and still does" she explained, "I wanna help him now, the Master said that the darkness has be rid of, well Ichirohiko can't do that on his own, please take me with you" she pleaded
After a while, Kyuta only nodded. He grabbed her hand and dragged her off.

Kyuta packed his sword and he and Sakumi started making their way down the stairs.
"Kyuta" they turned around and saw Tatara and Hyakushubo at the top of the steps. Tatara looked worried, while Hyakushubo looked angry with his arms crossed.
"Are you really leaving Kumatetsu?" Tatara asked but Kyuta stayed quiet
"You idiot!" Hyakushubo yelled, "what do you hope to accomplish by seeking revenge?"
"Maybe we should calm down" Tatara said
"I will not calm down! Kumatetsu is laying in there close to death, have you not learn anything!?"
Kyuta only stayed quiet, as well as the fox girl behind him.
Hyakushubo sighed, uncrossing his arms, "you're still going, aren't you?"
Kyuat nodded, "Revenge isn't what I'm going for" he said, "Ichirohiko and I are the same, I could've been the one to be swallowed by the darkness, but I wasn't" he explained, "but I wasn't, thanks to the people I befriended and was raised by, including both of you and Sakumi" he smiled at them, "please understand that I have to go, Ichirohiko's darkness is mine as well, we share it, please look after him"
Tatara ran up to him in tears, "Of course we understand, you do what you have to, leave Kumatestu to us!" he cried as he pat Kyuta's back.

************

Finally, they made it to the human world after making all the turns in the alleys. Kyuta had called Kaede and she met up with them. He told her that he wanted her to hold on to a book he had. Sakumi was too busy looking around in alert to pay attention to what they were saying.
"Sakumi?" the fox girl's ears twitched in the human one's direction, "what's with the ta-"
"We can't explain right now, we need you to go" Kyuta said, trying to get her to go away, but she insisted that she wanted to help him.
"Kyuta" Sakumi whispered tugging at his sleeve

"Kyuta!" he heard someone growl. They both saw Ichirohiko, glowing green, standing in the middle of the crowd, "I hate you. Stupid human, you ruin everything"
Kyuta stepped in front of Sakumi and Kaede, "this can't happen here" Kyuta mumbled
"What is that?" Kaede whimpered
"You have to go" Sakumi said as Ichirohiko started walking towards them
"Get out of here, now!" Kyuta yelled trying to push Kaede, but she grabbed on to his hand shaking her head
"I'm not letting go"
Chico squeaked, "Kyuta" Sakumi called when Ichirohiko started running, "we have to go, now"
Kyuta held on to Kaede's hand and started pulling her along with him and Sakumi.
"We have to go faster" Kyuta said, looking back at Ichirohiko, who was pushing people out of his way. "Sakumi" he called, "take care of Kaede" he said pushing them away from him.
Sakumi held on to Kaede's arms, but she could've sworn she saw Ichirohiko's eyes twitch lightly when Kyuta called her name.

Kyuta and Ichirohiko both used their swords against each other, Kyuta not unsheathing his. Both Kaede and Sakumi watched worriedly. When Sakumi saw that Ichirohiko was close to hitting Kyuta, they both gasped.
"Ichi!" Sakumi yelled
She saw him flinch a bit. Kyuta took the chance and pushed him off himself. Ichirohiko dropped his sword and Kyuta hit him with his sheathed sword. They saw Ichirohiko smile, crazily, at Kyuta. Ichirohiko must be using the power of the darkness, since his arms grew in size and hit Kyuta into the air.
Kaede and Sakumi both gasped and ran after him.
"Are you ok?" Kaede asked kneeling next to him while Sakumi kept her eyes on Ichirohiko. His hat lowered over his eyes, but she saw that he had a frown on his face.
'He must be wondering what I'm doing here' Sakumi thought
"Sakumi, let's go" Kyuta said as he walked off with Keade.
Hesitantly, Sakumi helped him walk off with Kaede.

Ichirohiko only stayed where he was. Wondering.
'Sakumi is here. And with that worthless human' he thought, 'why is she here? Why is she helping that human!?' then he saw a book on the floor. He picked it up and opened it.

"A whale, huh"

********************

"Turn back! Don't go over there!" Kyuta yelled, "why aren't they listening?" he asked
Kaede was next to him, just in case he still needs help, and Sakumi was holding on to his arm while she looked around keeping an open eye, and ears, for Ichirohiko.
Then she noticed it. A large shadow on the street.
"Kyuta" she said making him stop, "look"
They looked over and saw Ichirohiko over the shadow.
"Get out of the car" Kyuta yelled at the drivers, "do as I say!" he yelled
Ichirohiko saw them and started walking in their direction. The shadow lifted up enough for t to bump into the cars, making them crash into the ones in front.
"Ichirhiko stop!" Sakumi yelled, hoping he'd at least hesitate again.
Kyuta grabbed her arm and pulled her along with him and Kaede. When they made out from under the bridge, Sakumi heard an explosion. All the cars crashing into each other caused the explosion.
"Oh Ichirohiko"
"how can we stop him, there has to be a way" Kyuta mumbled
"This way" Keade grabbed their arms and pulled them down the subway.

"Sakumi~" her fox ears twitched when she thought she heard Ichirohiko.

**********************

'How can we help Ichirohiko?' Sakumi thought, not paying attention to Kyuta and Kaede, 'Ichirohiko is using too much of the darkness' power, it's starting to scare me. What if we can't change him back? No, we will get Ichirohiko back, we have to'

"Due to fire in Shibuya, the train can not travel further, this will be the last stop" they announced
'Oh Ichi' Sakumi thought sadly

Once the doors opened, all three ran off,
"We have to get Ichirohiko as far away from the city, or else many will die!" Sakumi yelled as they ran past screaming people.

"Sakumi"

The fox girl stopped running when she heard him call her.
"Sakumi, we have to keep going" Kyuta called as he and Kaede stopped too
"Sakumi" Ichirohiko called as he walked over to the fox girl. She saw him smile lightly. His hat was still over his eyes. She noticed that his hat looked fine, as if he was protecting it from anything that he was doing. "Sakumi" he called again, this time he opened his arms, expecting her to run into his arms.
Oh, how she wanted to. But, she wanted to get the Ichirohiko she loved back.
"Sakumi!" Kyuta called, she glanced back at them and he had his hand out for her, "we have to go!"
"Sakumi~"
The fox girl looked back at Ichirohiko, his smile turned into a frown. She looked at him with sad eyes. Tears ready to fall off her eyes. Her ears lowered as some tears made their way down her cheeks.

'Sorry Ichirohiko' she thoughtShe turned and ran next to Kyuta and Kaede, leaving Ichirohiko standing there

She turned and ran next to Kyuta and Kaede, leaving Ichirohiko standing there. He lowered his arms as he watched his love run off with the human he despises the most in the world. He grit his teeth and let out a growl.

Sakumi, Kyuta and Kaede heard another explosion behind them. Sakumi only wiped her tears away and started running faster next to Kyuta and Kaede.
"Don't worry Sakumi' Kyuta panted as they ran, "I'll think of something" he said and Sakumi nodded.