Ch. IV

The day was slow. Sakumi had nothing to do. Especially since so many people were busy, they didn't have time for a break. She didn't want to leave though, because pretty soon the busy people are gonna be able to stop and buy her something. She laid her head down and starred at her new outfit. It wasn't much, but it helped her.

"Sakumi!" Jiromaru yelled scaring the poor fox girl"You scared her" Ichirohiko said as he crossed his arms"Sakumi, please make me my sweets!" Jiromaru beggedSakumi smiled and got to work saying, "of course" while she placed everything in the cup, ...

"You scared her" Ichirohiko said as he crossed his arms
"Sakumi, please make me my sweets!" Jiromaru begged
Sakumi smiled and got to work saying, "of course" while she placed everything in the cup, she glanced at Ichirohiko and noticed he had his eyes closed in a sort of annoyed look?
"Ichi?" she called, "are you mad?"
"huh?" he looked at her, "no, I'm not mad"
"Here you go Jiro" she said giving him he cup, "then what's with the face?" she chuckled
"Nii-chan is trying to act cool in front of Sakumi" Jiromaru said as he starred at his sweets
"Jiromaru!" Ichirohiko hissed.
"Nii-chan do you want some?" he asked, ignoring him
Ichirohiko shook his head and turned away from his brother
"okay then, more for me" Jiromaru said as Sakumi gave him a spoon, "I'll eat a mandarin first" he said spooning it, "no, maybe I should eat the cherry first" he said grabbing he stem of the cherry.

"Look, it's father" Ichirohiko exclaimed when he saw his father walking their way
Iouzen walked over to them and knelt down to their level, "How have you three been?" he asked placing his hands on both his sons' shoulders
"We've been doing well" Sakumi said as she leaned on her counter to look at them - she asked for them to build her shop a bit taller than her for when she grow ups.
"Father, when will you start teaching us again?" Ichirohiko asked
Recently, Iouzen was a bit too busy to train them

"As soon as I can" he said, then one of his body guards came up to him and whispered something into his ear, "well, sorry kids but I have to go"
"Huh? Again?" Jiromaru complained while Ichirohiko and Sakumi nodded their heads in understanding.

Iouzen turned to walk off when he noticed someone in the distance, "Hey Kumatetsu" he called
Sakumi heard him and looked to where he was walking and saw the large red bear beast, looking as if he was in search for something.

The fox girl laid her head on her hand, "So that's Kumatetsu" she mumbled
Ichirohiko heard her, "Yeah, that's father's opponent" he answered, "wonder what he's looking for?"
"Who cares" Jiromaru said, almost done with his sweets

"Master!" One called
Sakumi, Ichirohiko, and Jiromaru looked to one of Iouzen's body guards holding a kid. A human kid.
"That's a human?" Ichirohiko asked, "it does kinda look like Sakumi" he mumbled
"He's just a little boy" Sakumi said, "what's he doing here?"

"Sakumi look!" Ichirohiko yelled pointing to his father and Kumatetsu,
"Looks like they're going to fight" she said
"Let's get a better look" he said as he grabbed her hand
Sakumi jumped over her counter just in time as Ichirohiko pulled her along

Honestly, Sakumi didn't like fighting, especially when it comes to Kumatetsu and Iouzen. She didn't want anything to do with all this competition on who was going to be the next master.
Since the fox girl wasn't paying much attention, she didn't notice that Iouzen was winning, until someone called out:

"Don't you lose!"

That snapped Sakumi out of her thoughts. She looked around for who called out. Then she noticed the small boy from before. He must've called out.

As soon as the fight started, it ended. Everyone went back to their regular business. Sakumi looked around and noticed that everyone was super busy. She let out a sigh.
Ichirohiko turned to look at her when she did, "What's wrong?" he asked
"Oh nothing" she said walking back to her stall, with him on tow, "just that I'll have to put everything away, seems like no one is gonna wanna buy something if they're this busy"
"Oh, I'll help you" he said grabbing some of the crates

After a while, they finished loading everything into a small cart. Ichirohiko helped her pull it back to his home.
"So, Sakumi" he started, "what did you think of the fight?"
"huh? oh, I didn't pay attention" she said in a somewhat board tone
"What!?" he called letting go of one of the sticks pulling the cart, making Sakumi trip from the sudden weight, "Sorry" he said helping her up, "but what do you mean you didn't pay attention"
"Ichi" she whined grabbing hold of the her stick to pull the cart, "you know I don't care about this stuff"
"But you should at least care about who will become the next master" he said as he started pulling too
"I don't know"
"Sakumi"
"I'm sorry, I just don't care" she said, "Everyone here is almost the same, and I know that if either Iouzen or Kumatetsu wins, everything will remain the same as it was before"
Ichirohiko let out a sigh, "Fine, I'll leave it alone"
"thank you"
"for now
"What!?"
"I just know you'll take interest in this fight sooner or later" he smiled at her and she rolled her eyes

*******************

The next day, Sakumi was walking to her stall when she saw that boy from yesterday. Out of curiosity she walked up to him
"Hello" she said to him, making him jump, "you're the human boy from yesterday, right" she asked and he nodded, "I'm Sakumi, I'm a half fox beast"
"Half?" he asked finally looking at her, "so you're half human?"
Sakumi nodded, "What's your name?"
The boy hesitated for a bit before finally answering, "I'm Kyuta"

On their walk, Kyuta told her about his mother, and how he ended up in this world. Because of that, Sakumi told him about her father and how Ichirohiko took care of her and about her little shop. When they got to her stall, he helped her put everything in its place. He then told her that he needed to get some things for his "teacher". Sakumi chuckled at his tone towards Kumatetsu. Before he left he promised that he would come later to buy her one of her sweets after getting everything.

While he was walking, she noticed Jiromaru walking after him. "uh-no" she mumbled and quickly ran to where she knew Ichirohiko was practicing. She got to where he was, noticing some girls being amazed by his skills. She groaned inwardly as she made her way to him, interrupting his practice - and making the girls mad at her.

"Sakumi? What's wrong?" he asked
"Jiro *huff* he's *huff* after Kyuta" she said gasping for air after running so much
"Take a breath first" Ichirohiko sweat dropped
"I saw Jiro walking after the human boy earlier!" she yelled at him
"Aw come on" he groaned as he ran to find his brother, Sakumi following him.

After running for a while, they found Jiromaru pushing the boy to the ground, making him drop all his things.
"I'll exterminate you while I still can" Jiromaru said
"Stop it Jiromaru!" Ichirohiko called and Sakumi went to go help Kyuta
"Are you okay?" she asked helping him grab everything too, then Ichirohiko helped too
"Don't let him get to you" he told him"
"Next time he comes at you, just call me or Ichi here, we'll scold him" Sakumi said smiling at Kyuta
"You're both dead if you rat me out!"Jiromaru yelled
While Ichirohiko went to go scold Jiromaru, again, Sakumi helped Kyuta, "don't worry about Jiromaru" she said, "sooner or later he'll like you"
"How do you knew?"
"Because, I used to be in your shoes" she said, "Jiromaru used to pick on me until I made him sweets"
"That's all it took?"
"He also likes strong people, and with you being Kumatetsu's student, I know you'll become strong and Jiro will like you soon" she said smiling at him as she helped him up
Ichirohiko noticed that Sakumi was already acting like she was his friend. It probably made sense right? She was half human. Ichirohiko shrugged it off as he walked away with his brother, it probably didn't mean anything bad for him.
But for some reason, he didn't like the glint in her eyes when she talked about Kyuta become strong because of Kumatetsu.