Ch. VII

Sakumi was happy Ichirohiko had asked her to fix up his hat. It gave her something else to do other than waking up, going to her stall, and coming back home. But she had been working on his hat for a while now. Sakumi looked at her handy work. Ichirohko's hat had it's face back, and she made it's tusks a bit bigger, all she needed was to change the tassels up a bit. She was almost done, but she needed a break.

Sakumi looked outside her window and noticed a curtain young boy practicing outside. She sighed and put down the hat. She made her way outside. She noticed his stance and the way he swung his sheathed sword. He hasn't noticed her yet. The fox had to admit, she missed training with them, but she wasn't a disciple she thought that she would probably slow them down.
"Hey Ichi" She called gaining his attention, "You do know it might rain a bit, right?" she chuckled
Ichirohiko looked up and noticed that the sky was grey. "heh, I didn't notice" he said. No sooner than he said that, it started to drizzle too.

~~~~~~~~~~

"How's you're practice been going?" Sakumi asked, "I haven't seen since you 'assigned' me your hat" she chuckled. They were sitting on the porch staring at the rain.
"Sorry about that" Ichirohiko said, "I noticed you haven't been out of your room much after I asked you to fix it"
"It's no problem, I like fixing it" she said, "it makes me feel like I can do something for you guys every once in a while"
"Hey you do plenty for us"
Sakumi chuckled, "you know, Kyuta came with Jiromaru a few days ago" she said, not noticing how Ichirohiko's look darkened a bit, "Jiromaru asked him to have a little fight with him, and Kyuta-"
"Can we not talk about Kyuta?" he asked interrupting her
"Oh, okay" she said

Sakumi noticed that his attitude would darken when Kyuta was mentioned all of a sudden.
"uh, hey Ichi" she called, "I've never seen that power Jiromaru is always mentioning, mind showing me?"
Yup, even though Sakumi had been living with them for years, she had never seen Ichirohiko use this so called 'moving things with his mind' power of his. Ichirohiko looked at her, unsure if he should show her or not.
"I mean, if you don't want to then it's fine" Sakumi quickly said waving her hands, and lower her head a bit in embarrassment. After saying that, a lavender rose appeared in front of her. Her blue eyes widened when she saw it. She looked at Ichirohiko, who was starring at the rose in concentration. 'Where did he even find a lavender rose?' she thought and took the flower in her hand, the blush on her cheeks growing.

 'Where did he even find a lavender rose?' she thought and took the flower in her hand, the blush on her cheeks growing

"Don't tell my mother" he chuckled
"What?"
Ichirohiko pointed off somewhere. Sakumi turned to her left and saw a bush full of roses of all colors.
"It was the only one there" he said, "though I'm pretty sure my will notice her lavender rose is gone" he said leaning back on his hands. He heard an 'eep' and looked at Sakumi. Her light brown hair was covering her blue eyes, and she was slightly leaning forward and her legs bending up towards her chest. He blinked his eyes in confusion and leaned towards her on his right hand. "Sakumi? Are you okay?" he asked, concerned.
Sakumi was lightly trembling and her face was turning red.
"Do you have a fever? You didn't walk in the rain" he said leaning closer to her
"T-t-that's n-n-not....it" she stuttered
"huh?"
Sakumi moved a trembling hand and pointed behind her, "y-y-you're....hand" she said
Ichirohiko blinked and looked at the hand that he was leaning on.

His hand was on top of her tail. His eyes widened and quickly moved his hand, "s-sorry" he mumbled as a blush grew on his cheeks too.
Sakumi loosened a bit and sat normally, her head still lowered, trying to hide her blush. There was an awkward silence, the only thing that was heard was the pouring rain falling from the dark sky.

"Sakumi" he asked, "h-hows my hat coming along?"
"i-it's almost done" she said raising her head slowly, "I'm just giving it some final touches"
"Final touches?"
"Yeah" she smiled, "I'm adding my own little touch, something that I know you'll like" she explained, "I kind of had to look at it in you're point of view and make sure that I don't add too much and-" she stopped talking, noticing that Ichirohiko was smiling at her, "what?" she asked
"You're eyes are sparkling" he chuckled, making her blush, "they look more lively" he said and looked at the lavender rose he gave her. He remembered when she bumped into him, her eyes showed that she was scared. He looked at her blue eyes, he didn't want her to feel that way ever again. Sakumi looks better smiling, and he wants to keep her smiling.

"Ichi?" Sakumi asked.
He was just starring at her with his dark blue eyes. He wasn't saying anything. Sakumi noticed that his eyes looked a darker shade of blue than when he was a kid. Before, she and him almost had the same amount of blue, but now they're a different shade. Sakumi was so entranced by his eyes, that once she blinked she noticed that Ichirohiko was closer to her.

Sakumi's eyes widened and her cheeks turned red when she noticed that he was leaning in.
"Ichi-"
"Sakumi" he whispered, interrupting her, "do you know the meaning of a lilac rose is?" he asked as his eyes were slowly closing.
Sakumi was speechless. She didn't know what to do, his question confused her. A lilac rose had a meaning?
Ichirohiko was close enough that Sakumi could feel his breath on her lips. She only waited to see what would happen. Not daring to move.

"Ichirohiko!" they heard his mother call
Ichirohiko opened his eyes, staring at her eyes, not answering his mother. She couldn't tell what he was thinking, since he was just staring with a blank face.
"I hope you are inside and not over training yourself again!" his mother called out

He didn't move and neither did she.
"Ichirohiko?" she said, he didn't do anything but blink, waiting for what she was gonna say, "what does a lilac rose mean?" she asked
Suddenly, she felt the heat of his lips on hers. Her eyes widened and a blush rose from her neck up to her head.

When he backed away from her, her face was as red as an apple and her eyes were wide in surprise

When he backed away from her, her face was as red as an apple and her eyes were wide in surprise. This was out of character, way out of character, for Ichirohiko.

He gave her a small smile, "a lilac rose can often mean, love at first sight" he said
Sakumi silently gasped. 'Love at....first sight?' she thought, "you....?"
Ichirohiko only nodded and captured her lips again. This time, the fox shut her blue eyes and returned the kiss.
Ichirohiko felt something furry next to his hand. He opened one eye and noticed her tail swaying slowly next to them. He chuckled as he leaned his forehead on hers.
"I'm guessing you feel the same and are happy about it" he said, not even a question. She gave him a shy smile and gave him a small nod. He smiled and raised his hand to rest on top of her head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(I got ahead of myself, and I didn't even realized until I finished this chapter. Oh well haha. I guess it works too. I ended up liking this chapter a bit.)