━━━━ ∘༄⋅° 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅 𝒘𝒂𝒓 𝒊𝒊 ━━━━ ∘༄⋅°

PEGGY HAD SAID, "I might even, when all this is over, go dancing." Bucky had asked shortly after with a "Then what are we waiting for?" He meant for her to dance with him, but Peggy had turned him down nicely. "The right partner." She was staring at Steve's baby blues with so much love and passion, giving Bucky a hint that she wanted Steve only. "I'm invisible," Bucky shook his head as Peggy strides away, "I-I'm turning into you. It's like a horrible dream."

"She might have a friend." Bucky had said this many times to Steve and was he glad that he was able to turn it against him.

"I do, actually," Peggy's Victorian voice carries over to them. "Boys, this is Diana Prince."

Bucky had stared in amazement at the tall woman, who had worn heels so she was the same height as him, her dress a long and blue thing, looking like an old Greek dress that you might find at a museum, but she made it seem like it was brand new. Of course, this was the same dress that she wore back in World War I, but they didn't need to know that. "Hello," the Amazonian said. She had an exotic accent, one that was sultry and inviting, one that made Bucky's pants a size too small. He had just met her and now he was getting hard. Impossible. He pulled his jacket down and secured it by its buttons, trying to hide the prominent bulge. Diana had noticed it though, and inside she was laughing so hard that tears streaked their way down her sun-kissed face. She remained quiet though as Steve talked to her as if they were longtime friends.

"I'm Bucky," he held out his hand.

"Diana," she took it firmly between her warm ones, heating his immensely cold hand.

━━━━ ∘༄⋅° 𝒏𝒐𝒘 ━━━━ ∘༄⋅°

BUCKY WATCHED THE field, seeing Barry trying to feed a deer sunflower seeds. "Deer, here!" He was growing agitated as the animal refused to eat them, "What if I sing a song? Will that make you happy and eat 'em? Maybe not because my singing is terrible. Eat. Them." The deer ran away, running into the line of trees and bushes. Bucky was silently laughing at the little 'show' that was happening, Barry's wide eyes at his last statement still imprinted in his mind, fueling his laughter. Ever since Bucky bailed Barry out of jail it seemed as his life was happier, even without Diana in it. Bucky realized he didn't need one person in his life; he needed a family. And he considered Barry a son or a brother, brightening his life.

Then as he opened his eyes to view the act once more, he saw a streak of blue lighting where Barry once stood, his figure now gone. This sent Bucky into overdrive. "Barry! Barry!"

He swung over the balcony's bars, landing heavily on his feet and taking off, rushing off to where he saw the streak, yelling Barry's name repeatedly. "Barry!" A reply broke the still air, "I'm here, don't worry! The deer ran off so I chased it!" Bucky ran over to where Barry's voice came from, stumbling upon Barry holding handfuls of sunflower seeds as many deer ate them out of his palms. Barry was laughing - a sound that should have easily scared the deer - but instead they hung around, eating the barbeque flavoured snack.

Bucky was staring in astonishment; how did he run so fast?

"Barry."

"Hm?" Was his short reply. Bucky took this as a hint to start talking. "How did you run so fast?"

"Whaddya mean?" Barry's already fast-beating heart sped up some more, turning casually to hide his red face, acting as he was to feed more deer. "When you ran, I saw a blue streak of li―"

"No, Mr Tim you already had enough!"

"― ght, and I thought it was just my eyes playing tricks on me, but you seem to be hiding something. What is it that you're hiding?" Bucky rose an eyebrow, walking closer to the teenager. "Barry?" He stepped on a twig, scaring some deer away, him muttering a quick, "sorry deer", and chuckling to himself at the statement he thought he would never say. "What, that I am hiding over two pounds of sunflower seeds in a variety of flavours in this jacket? Wow, it sure did take you a long time to figure it out," Barry chuckled nervously.

"Barry, are you a fast person?"

Tony appears next to Bucky, asking, "What's happening?" Bucky raises a finger, telling him to be quiet.

Barry shook his head too quickly, little flashes of blue wrapping around his dark locks. He turned to look at Bucky, "No." Bucky raised an eyebrow chastisingly. Bucky withdrew a small dagger from the inside of his jeans, wrapping his fingers around the handle, and carefully throwing it at Barry. Time seemed to slow down for the speedster, staring intently at the metal object. As it flew past, Barry moved out of the way. Bucky saw the lightning again, and with his skilled eyes saw the Barry moving in slow motion. Tony just saw a flash pass by Barry and it was over as soon as it started. When Bucky had the experiments done on him, it gave him a faster speed than normal humans, usually being able to run as fast as a 60 MPH (96 KPH) car.

Barry then caught the knife, twisting back around to look at Bucky.

"So you're fast," Bucky says.

"That seems like an oversimplification," Barry twists his tongue and bites it, raising a finger, peeking at the Avengers HQ from the corner of his eye. Ton starts, "We have a team, the Avengers, may you would like to ―"

"Stop right there, I'm in," Barry holds up the hand with the dagger, smiling widely. Bucky and Tony turn to look at each other, raising their eyebrows in a silent conversation. Tony just shrugs, swivelling to Barry. "Just like that?" He snaps his fingers to demonstrate. Barry nods slowly, "Yeah." He bends his knees a little, bouncing lightly on the balls of his feet. He seemed embarrassed. "I... need friends."

"So you're another Pietro," Tony says.

"Who's Pietro?" Barry cocks his head to the side. "I didn't see that coming," Tony sighs, rolling his eyes. "Nevermind that, I'll... get your suit started." He waves him off, strolling away.

"Hey, how do you get in the team before I do?" Bucky points to his chest.

"Because he actually has something to help us. Sorry, Snow White," Tony calls out. "You can just stand there and look kinda pretty." "What about you?" Bucky yells to the billionaire. "I actually am handsome enough to go on the cover of Playboy!" "Yeah, back in 1940. And it was the gay version." A loud laugh pierced the air, followed closely by the slapping of a knee and some coughs. Tony seemed to have the time of his life.

"Whatever."