1: welcome to derry, maine

"this time i gotta know, where did my daddy go?"»»»»»»««««««

»»»»»»««««««

it finally happened. after years of not coming homes, sudden "work meetings", and obvious lies, my mother had enough and decided to move my sisters and i to the small town of derry maine.

3 weeks after moving into her new home, nicki
lay in her bed, nose buried in a book by stephen king, she always enjoyed reading because she got to escape reality for a while and live a different life for once. her older sister, jean, always made fun of her for liking to read so much but she never minded. her younger sister was a bookworm like her, but not as much. nicki mainly got interested in reading because of her dad, when she was 4 her dad gave her a book for her birthday and she read it almost immediately which got her hooked.

she hated her dad now with a burning passion, she hated what he did to her mother and how he basically got away with it. she had started reading the book when she was still in her old home, not knowing her mothers plan to leave and she felt like she needed to finish the book before she lost complete interest in reading. she was always closer to her father, she always trusted him the most. her younger sister, scarlett was closer with our mother while jean was always off on her own.

"hey turd-mouth, you ready for
summer?" jean spoke, barging into the girls room.
nicki immediately sat up in her bed while jean waltzed over and sat down in the bay window.
"so unbelievably excited." nicki said sarcastically.
"you know you have a few more days to make new friends, right?" she spoke looking at nicki directly.
"nobody wants to actually be my friend, and you know what? i'm fine with it." nicki spoke more sassy than she actually meant, using hand motions.
"nobody will want to be your friend with that attitude, anyways mom told me to come get you. your night to set the table." she told the younger girl, standing up and making her way back out the door and down the hall.

jean always annoyed nicki, because she was honestly the definition of perfect. she got their mothers looks, their fathers eyebrows, and her own kind of very caring and outgoing personality. although, nicki was outgoing and caring herself, she'd never compare to her older sister. jean always got good grades and was always loved by each and every one of her teachers, and she always had a boy wrapped around her finger, and that's what annoyed nicki the most.

nicki was 16, and she'd only kissed a boy one time in her whole life, and that was when she was 10 and it was her childhood friend who moved across the country, bill. she couldn't remember where exactly he moved to but she knew it was far away from where she used to live. jean would always bring boys home back in arizona, and nicki wished she could do the same, but she couldn't.

little did she know, every guy had a crush on her, and every guy wanted her, but they were too afraid of her beauty, and too afraid of rejection. while her older sister always had a boy wrapped around her finger, her little sister somehow found peace and was okay with being single for all of high school which nicki, in some way, admired.

nicki was happy with who she was, but her life just wasn't how she wanted it to be... but maybe that'll change.

or maybe not.

~~~~
ahh i'm so excited to write this book, I WILL BE WRITING THIS AND YELLOW SO DON'T WORRY! i hope you like this book!!
i hope you enjoyed🌟