2: school's out for summer

"when you're on a golden seayou don't need a memory"»»»»»»««««««

you don't need a memory"
»»»»»»««««««

derry highs school wasn't like your normal high school, hell derry wasn't like your normal town. people would randomly go missing and it got so bad that the town had to set a curfew for those who lived in it.

nicki roamed the empty halls, wishing time would pass faster. she peered down at her feet before finding her way into the bathroom. she was so excited for summer that she told her teacher she really needed to go to the bathroom just so she could leave early, so there she was. she walked in and looked at herself in the mirror before walking into a stall when she heard the bell ring and the halls flood with kids who were overly excited for the adventures the summer was about to bring, she wished she could be a part of it but she was stuck on the toilet now.

a few seconds later the door to the girls restroom swung open and then a stall door shut with a loud bang. nicki thought nothing of it until she smelt the stench of a lit cigarette. memories of her dad flooded her head, how he used to smoke in front of her and her sisters all the time without a care, how him doing what he did to her mother led her to attempt smoking herself, how she was addicted to the cancer sticks now.

before she knew it there was four other girls in the bathroom and one of the sinks was running while one familiar voice was taunting the girl who was smoking in the stall two down from hers. nicki was standing now, and she finally realized who else was in the bathroom.

"beverlyyy, come out you piece of shit! i know you're in there, i can smell the stench of being slutty in the air!" the girl who was, unfortunately, her sisters new best friend giggled.
other laughters erupted in the room when she decided to walk out of the stall, seeing her little sister's back pressed up against a wall while a girl sat in the sink, one was filling up a trash bag with water, and the infamous gretta keene was taunting poor beverly marsh from outside her stall. gretta turned to the blonde girl and gave her a nasty look.
"what do you want?" gretta hissed, looking the girl up and down.
"who? me? oh, i want you to mind your own business and leave bev alone." nicki spoke boldly.
"nick, what are you doing?" scarlett finally spoke up, obviously surprised.
"scar, you know this bitch?" gretta turned to the other blonde girl who was now standing next to her.
scarlett had blonder hair than jean and nicki, but still had similar facial features so she was surprised gretta hadn't put the pieces together.
"she's my sister, gretta," scarlett spoke, watching the other girls reaction.
"and i agree with her on this." she finished before walking over to the sink and shutting the running water off, but it was too late. the trash bag was already filled, and the two other girls walked over to the stalls, stood on the toilet, and dumped the stew of rotten food and wrappers on the red-headed girl in the stall.

gretta let out a small and evil laugh before turning to scarlett.
"if you want to continue to hang with us, act like one of us. if not, then have fun with your bitch of a sister and her trashy slut of a new best friend." gretta spat before walking out of the room with her two friends following. scarlett gave her older sister a sad smile while looking down before she walked out after the girls.

"beverly you can come out now, the satanic group of demons have left." nicki spoke before the stall door opened revealing a slightly wet beverly in a dress.
"thanks, really. that was really cool of you." the red-head said before smiling and holding the door open for the blonde girl to walk out.

nicki loved the fact that she finally met a new friend, even if it were just one, she knew it would be a summer of fun adventures...

or so she thought.

~~~~
here's another chap bc i love writing this lol, like stated before i am not following the movie word for word and plot for plot i am just using it as inspiration!
i hope you enjoyed🌟