"So what's y'alls plan?" I asked, getting bored and ignoring my stomach growling.

"Well, your car's at Tévon's place so when the police find it, they'll probably contact him and he's gonna tell them, you've been with him and turned your phone off because you knew Qua would be looking for you. And you know like I know, he won't even let you explain, so what better shoulder to cry on then his baby mama's?" she smiled.

"If it's not his baby, he's not even gone continue contacting you. None of this shit is gone work."

"Mommy," I heard the voice of a kid say and she went out the room.

Destiny wasn't the only one plotting. I knew exactly how to get into Tévon's head and luckily it didn't take much.

• Quavo •

"This first 48, law & order svu, lifetime shit ain't for me," I sighed.

"Where did you say they found her car?" Cali looked over at me.

"1470 Sheridan road." I repeated what the officer told me and her face scrunched up.

"Her ex stays there."

"So what that mean?"

"That means he probably got something to do with it. Drive over there." she took out her phone and started typing and five minutes later she put a call on speaker.

"Hello?" she said as soon as the random number answered.

"Yo?" a nigga's voice said.

"Where's Chase at?"

"What?"

"Her car's at your apartment building. So where's she at?" Cali asked as I typed the address in my phone for directions.

"She here."

"Then let me speak to her."

"She in the shower."

Cali stayed quiet and listened close and it was silent.

"How she gon shower without the water runnin? And why's her phone off then?"

"Look she came over here cause she wanted to get away from everything, I'll tell her to call you." he said and he hung up.

"She ain't over there, but we still gone go." Cali said.

Fifteen minutes later we pulled into the crowded lot and I spotted Chase car and parked a few spaces down from it.

We got out the car and the sound of us closing the door, scared Kiari who was sleep in the backseat.

"Look," Cali said, squinting tryna see through the mildly tinted windows. "Chase ain't here cause she never leaves her purse anywhere. He got something to do with it."

I sighed. I had a lot on my plate, between tryna find out who took Chase, finding her, being told I have to leave tonight by my manager and a bunch of other little shit, but those 3 were the biggest things I had to worry about today.