4

"Hello??? Is anybody here?"
The voice belongs to a woman, most likely early twenties.

Without uttering a word, I hastily drag the boy's body all the way back to one of the closets.

"Hello!!!" Her voice gets louder.

Before she can walk any further back into the store, I rush out to meet her.
And as soon as I see her,
She takes my breath away.

"H-hello there, sorry for the wait."

She gasps, "oh my gosh, are you okay?"

I'd been too caught up to be aware of the blood that covered my work clothes.

"Yes, I'm fine don't worry about me. I cut myself on a flower vase. I was trying to clean it up."

"Oh okay it looks pretty bad and I'm Charlotte by the way. I just moved here."

Charlotte.
Such a pleasant name.
She's very beautiful;
dark, short, and remarkably curvy.
That yellow v-neck stands out against her skin.
Her full lips are covered in a glittery gloss.

"I'm Justin," I reach out to give her a handshake.
She stares at me.

"Oh right," I chuckle. "I forgot I have blood on my hands I'll go wash them."

"Oh no it's fine. I'm just looking for some flowers."

"What for?" I ask.

"Decorations," she replies. "For my new apartment."
She's just like my mother.

"That's admirable," I give her a smile. "What's a beautiful girl like you doing out so late?"

There's an awkward silence.

"I take it that you have a boyfriend?"
Hopefully she doesn't because I just might kill the bastard.

"N-no, sorry you just took me off guard," she laughs a bit. "Thanks, I find you handsome as well."

She definitely wants me.
Who wouldn't want me?

"That's good to know. How do you like it here?"

"It's okay. I'm just not used to being in a small town," Charlotte pauses, then instantly changes the subject "So I'm thinking about getting some Chrysanthemums."

"Mhmm, Chrysanthemum, apart of the Asteracea family, up to 40 species, and up to thousands of varieties through selective breeding."

"Yes, you must really know your stuff."

"Yea. Before my mother died, she'd always teach me about the different types of flowers. She was very fond of them."

"Oh I'm sorry for your loss."
That agitates me.
Every time it's "I'm sorry for your loss."
People use that term without thinking of the meaning.
Why apologize for things you can't control?

"It's fine," I shrug. "I'll show you some chrysanthemums then I have them in all types of colors."

"Do you like flowers? You must hate them being surrounded by them all day."

Stopping at the section of chrysanthemums I turn to face her.

"I do , in fact, find flowers fascinating. I love looking at them and I never get tired of it. I love looking at beautiful things," I inch closer to her. "Including beautiful women... the list just goes on."

"You're a charm aren't you?" She gives me a light nudge.

I am a charming man.

Charlotte turns her attention to chrysanthemums, "I like the orange ones."
As she grabs them I feel her brush my skin, almost giving me an instant boner.

"How much?" She starts reaching in her pocket.

"It's on me."

"Really? Thank you," Charlotte smiles. She has the prettiest smile and I love that.

I love making her smile, yet at the same time I'm longing to hear her scream.

"No problem, have a pleasant evening, Charlotte."

"You, too," before she walks out I grip her arm to stop her.

"You should stop by again... tomorrow, preferably."

She presses her lips together and almost frowns.

"This store is dead, and I'd like to get to know you in every way possible."

Charlotte bites her lip, "I'll stop by."

"Promise me," I look her in the eyes.
Any one that breaks a promise with me will die.
I don't want to have to kill her but I take promises very seriously.

She hesitates, "I promise."

Satisfied, I release her.

⌲⌲⌲