Magenta

Diana looked around tiredly. She yawned and stretched, then padded downstairs in her aqua slippers. Everything was bare and white and the banister had lost its coat of dark brown varnish that covered it before.

"Oh." she sighed as she ran her hand down the winding banister. Her carpet had been teared to pieces and boxes towered behind doors.

"Di sweetie, where are you?" Sandie, her Mum called.

"Here" she responded wearily. She was still in purple her pyjamas when she entered the kitchen. It was like all the memories she had here were being torn away, broken. Like when she had displayed her best speller award hen she was six years old. It was her favourite trophey because it had her name in dazzaling letters on the plaque at the bottom.

Her mum rushed into the room, her head hidden behind beige boxes marked with 'DI'S BOX'

"Diana you'd better go and get changed and we will grab a bite to eat on our way to Chicago. C'mon we leave in ten so you'd better go and hurry." Sandie smiled and Diane climed the stairs and packed her suitcase into her room. It was a sickly white that you would normally see somewhere like a storge cabinet. She didnt want to move to East Chicago.

She had said goodbye to all her friends the day before and now it was the day it was finally happening.  Diane leaned back in her black SUV. Quietly she mumbled to herself as she was praying there would be some delay with the move and she could go back to her old school, her friends.

Suddenly the car came to a halt.

"Mum what's wrong?" she questioned,  about to poke her head through the window that overlooked a small moat, surrounded by green grass, greener than normal.

"We are here!" Sandie exclaimed happily! Quickly she jumped out the car and knocked on the door loudly. It creaked open, creating a large racket across the city of Skimm.

Sandie proceeded inside the deserlet house.She then came out just seconds later with a splitting grin showing her ultra white teeth.

"Diana! Diana! Come on!"

"Coming!"" shouted Diana from the SUV. Slowly she trudged to the slanted steps in her black ballet flats that she had got last christmas, at her house.

The next momment her mum came scooting back, slamming the wooden door behind her, also nudging the metal door number plate of no. 72.

She spun around and her mum covered her eyes tightly as if it was a medical procedure so no germs could find theur way back inside.

"1,2,3!' she muttered and pushed the door open forcefully only to reveal and luxurious white palace! Well kind of. Diane's heart lifted. Maybe this won't be so bad after all. Ginerly, she stepped ont the fluffy carpet, only to be entered in a lovely aroma of fresh lavender and cherry blossoms. The walls were covered with a beautiful gold and silver pattern alligned with white to give it a more majestic touch to it. A glimmering white banister slid up and down the stair and Indigo carpet brushed the floor with absolute perfection!

"Wait until you see your room, Di." said her mum as soon as she saw the astonished look on her daughters face. After she had warned Diana about not to be venturing into every single room before dinner, Sandie strutted into the kitchen to unload some of the boxes.