Chapter 25:

There was a knock on the door. I turned to see Fiona and Debbie walking in.

"Stop downloading porn." Fiona called.

"Oops. Busted." Lip said.

"I need a sweater." Fiona said as she started going through the dresser.

"Help yourself." Lip said.

Fiona held a sweater up.

"No." Debbie said.

"What are you guys doing?" Fiona asked as she continued to dig through the clothes with Debbie.

"We're looking for homeboy's dad." Lip said.

"He's looking for homeboy's dad." Ian corrected.

"Jesus. There are a lot of Gallaghers. Hey Fiona. Do you know any of Frank's brothers' names?" Lip asked.

I slid off Lip's bed and walked over to Ian who was on his bed. Right as he threw the ball into the air I caught in. Ian pulled me down on the bed and I started quietly laughing.

"Shit. I have no idea. Oh I think one of them's Wendell or something." Fiona said.

"Supposed I could just start calling them all." Lip muttered.

I threw the ball into the air and Ian caught it before I could. He looked as me victoriously and I lightly shoved him.

"Why do you care anyway?" Fiona asked.

"He just wishes it was him that wasn't Frank's kid." Ian said looking at his brother.

"Plus you know if we find Ian's real dad maybe he'll give us some cash or we could report his name to the State and collect extra child support." Lip said.

"Then I'd have to hang out with the dude." Ian said with a slightly disgusted tone.

"He might be cool." Lip said.

Fiona laughed. "Frank's brother?"

"Gotta be better than Frank right? I mean maybe he has a job or he's sober or he likes kids." Lip said.

"Doubt it." Ian said.

I looked at Ian and he looked at me. He gave me a questioning look and I shrugged.

"Oh hey. How about this one Debs?" Fiona asked holding a sweater up.

"It'll have to do. Now go. Come on." Debbie said dragging Fiona out of the room.

"Take the bus out to see Grammy." Fiona said poking her head back into the room.

We all looked at her.

"She'll know where the brothers are." Fiona smiled.

Debbie dragged her away once more and I turned my head to see Ian and Lip looking at each other. A small thumping noise on the mattress made me turn to see Ian was back to laying down fully. After a bit we got ready to visit their grandma.

"Aren't you a little bit curious to find out who he is?" Lip asked as we walked down the street.

"No." Ian said.

"No? He could be any one of these guys." Lip said.

"Oh yeah? Like that one right there?" Ian asked gesturing with his head to someone on the side of the street.

"Totally." Lip said.

"Look he's gonna be a douche bag no matter who he is." Ian said.

"Well he can't be any worse than Frank." Lip said.