12: P.S. I Love You

I didn't realize I fell asleep until the car stopped. I opened my eyes to see my favorite jacket of Noah's laid across me. It was his football jacket, it had a 'W' on it to signify our school name. His scent filled my body like a light buzz. I closed my eyes and enjoyed it, smiling contently to myself.

"Good, you're awake." He smiled, and I looked at him with a tired smile. I didn't get much sleep last night, sleeping on the couch and all.

"You're so beautiful." He whispered in a daze, brushed my hair behind my ear, and leaned in closely. My cheeks blazed with heat. Maybe I'm still sleeping, and this is one of those awkward dreams when you wake up into another dream. Either way, it felt real enough to me.

I closed my eyes slightly as he laid his forehead against mine. His hand caressed my face while his other tangled in my hair. His breath spiked when his mouth brushed mine. "I think we should get going," he said slowly.

I nodded. I don't know WHAT this is... But I like it! After we got out of the car we began our hike. I had never been to this place before and I could have KILLED Noah! He knows for a FACT that I don't like to do anything that requires physical work!

And of course, being the klutz I am, I slipped twice, but Noah caught me both times and decided it'd be best if he held onto my hand. I know we don't do this very often, but I came up with the conclusion that I don't wanna die! His hand was warm and soft. My hand was tiny in his, but it was okay. I smiled at that.

"Whatcha smiling at, Dimples?" Noah grinned. He hadn't called me Dimples since we were ten. I shook my head, still smiling. He nudged me a few times. "Tell me," he said stopping us. He pulled me closer. I blushed. "You wanna take a break?" I nodded and sat on a huge rock gratefully.

It wasn't hot outside, it was actually quite windy, so I kept Noah's jacket close to me. Not that I'm complaining.

"Emma?" Noah asked, bringing my attention to him.

"What?" I asked, trying to catch my breath.

"What kind of guys do you like?" I stared at him completely confused. I raised a brow and he sat in front of me on the ground. "I mean, I know I'm your best friend and I should know this already, but I don't." I blinked and tried to think. No one has ever asked me that before. How the hell should I know?

"You... mean. Like... turn ons and turn offs?" He nodded and shrugged at the same time.

"I guess." He said simply, and I ran my fivers through my hair thoughtfully, then let out a dramatic sigh.

"Well..." I started, trailing off, then looked at him.

"Turn ons first." He stated, and I nodded.

"Turn ons: tattoos," He chuckled and shook his head. I just shrugged and kept going. "boys who aren't afraid to cry, boys with dirty blond hair, I am a TOTAL sucker for brown eyes, guitars, skateboards, skinny jeans, six packs, leather jackets," I trailed off as he stared at me in amusement, and then I stared at him seriously. "and LONG, POINTLESS, walks up rocks." I shot sarcastically and he laughed standing up.

He smiled, threw me over his shoulder, and started walking. "Noah!" I yelled/whined. He laughed but continued walking. I sighed and just waited. Knowing full well he wasn't gonna put me back down.

When he finally put me down we were in a meadow. The lake glistened beautifully. The flowers gave off a beautiful scent. The trees made everything seem magical. I felt like I was in some sort of crazed wonderland. Maybe this really was a dream.

"Its beautiful." I smiled up at Noah and he grinned down at me, then unexpectedly tackled me to the ground. I laughed and he pinned me down. He smiled then rolled over pulling me on top of him.

I blushed staring into his eyes. He lied down just beneath me, close enough to kiss. He brushed my cheeks ever so softly then brought my head down to his chest. I heard his heart beat with mine, it was like a symphony to me though, not just a heartbeat.

"So does this make up for not coming over?" He asked, his voice made his chest vibrate, making me shiver. I laughed and sighed.

"I forgave you anyway." I know for a fact that I can't be mad at him. He laughed as well.

"Well that's great! You know I'll always protect you and be here for you, okay?" Noah whispered. "I love you, Emma."

"I love you too, Noah," I whispered. And as I thought 'More than you'll ever understand' he chuckled and said it out loud.

*****

WOW ! This is short !!

Don't hate me ! I know ! Uneventful ! But I have a new PLAN !! I finally have this story all planned out ! Some of you must think Emma's crazy huh ? As some of you know I have recently been told that it was, and I quote 'MANDATORY' for Noah's POV, I've been trying to sneak it in there so don't be upset if ot takes time ! Til next time ! Cody

I am NOT a boy !