05

THE END OF US

The next day during lunch time, Flynn decided to put his arm around my waist and my heart was about to burst. I was stunned and did not want to make any sudden move. I was afraid he might move his arm away from me.

Once again, eyes were all over us since his arm was around me. People would be thinking we just made it official. I could have sworn I saw few death stares were given to me by some of the girls. Few girls were even tried to be friends with me and asked a lot of questions about Flynn. And thank God for him being able to read my expression already, he was there to save me from the crowd.

"I'm sorry, ladies," Flynn would squeeze into the crowd and hold my hand. "I'll have to steal Kimberly from you guys," Then he put his arm around my waist and we quickly walked away from there.

Then at the corner of eye, I could see a familiar tall figure from afar, staring at us. I took a second look.

It was him.

Hunter's eyes were filled with confusion and surprise. He did not look hurt as I expected. He was just stunned. He was just standing there, surrounding with his friends, with both of his hands tucked into his pants pockets.

I was about to tell Flynn as I turned my head back to him but he was already leaning in, was about to say something to me as well. We bumped into each others' heads and I almost tripped down on the steps and the next thing I knew, I was in his arms.

"Woah," He said. "Careful, little muppet," He chuckled.

"You're calling me muppet now?" I said, laughing.

"Just because you're clumsy and short," He said, pulling me up to get my legs back to the floor.

"I'm not that short," I rolled my eyes.

"It's cute," He said, with his husky voice.

I tried to suppress my smile but I failed. Slowly a smile grew on my face and I could not stop it. In a sudden, I actually forgot what to say to him and totally forgot about Hunter was seeing us together like this.

For a moment, I did not care about the mission anymore. I just wanted Flynn to myself. I just wanted this to continue until one of us got bored or found someone else. I just wanted this to last.

My feelings towards him grew without mercy and how I wished he would feel the same way but I doubted it.

I fell for him.

Boy, I was in a trouble.

——————••——————

We had free periods today which meant, we had English Club class at the end of the day. Flynn had not come into English Club ever since we were 'together' so I was not expected him to be today too.

On this day, it was such a shame that Nat took an early leave because she was not feeling too well and left me alone.

As I walked to the English Club room, I saw Hunter was standing nearby the stairs and he was walking slowly towards me.

"Hey," I almost could not hear his voice. I decided not to say anything back and demanded what he needed to say. "So, you and Flynn, huh?" He asked.

I shrugged a little, still not saying anything.

"I thought I heard something about you and someone else," He said. "I just needed to see it with my own eyes to confirm."

"What do you want, Hunter?" To my surprise, I sounded bold and clear.

He was taken aback. He looked a little bit surprised seeing me so brave in front of him. I had never been so harsh on him before. I never even raised my voice at him. I doubted if he ever saw me angry.

"If you have nothing else to say," I said. "I have class to go."

"I think it's time we need to talk," He said.

I said in a low voice, "There's nothing to talk about. We're over, remember?"

'We are over' was the last sentence he said to me before he left me alone. I still remembered how hurt I felt back then when he said that. I never thought he would but he did. Too soon, I guessed. But surprisingly, I was not hurt anymore.

"Kim," He said my name.

When he was about to say something, I could feel an arm was reaching my waist. That touch was familiar which did not make me flinch at all.

Flynn smiled to me and said, "You're ready?" When I did not say anything, he noticed that I was talking with someone. He moved his arm away and held his hand out towards Hunter, "Hi, I'm Flynn."

They grasped. "Hunter," was all he could say.

Then Flynn's expression was changed, "Oh. I see. Hate to interrupt but I can take her from here, man."

"Come on," Flynn's arm was back to my waist and he pulled me closer to him as we walked away from Hunter.

I kept my gaze down as I walked side by side Flynn without looking back at Hunter. It actually felt good, showing to Hunter that I could move on and actually found someone way better than him.

When we got to the second floor, I laughed and said to Flynn, "Did you know that was Hunter?"

"No," He laughed. "I actually thought he was flirting with you. God, I hope I didn't interrupt anything."

I shook my head, "You came at the right time and you were good."

He smiled, "Just doing my job, protecting you from any fuck boys. What did he want anyway?"

"He saw us," I told him. "During lunch time. And he said he wanted to talk but screw him."

"That's my girl," He said, putting his arm over my shoulder, pulling me even closer to him.

Oh, how much I would give up for this moment to stop or even slow down so that I could appreciate this more. I was supposed to be happy or excited to have Flynn right now but I was scared.

I was scared of losing this friendship. I was scared of losing him. Our deal to be in a fake relationship was just to make certain people jealous and our last mission was Hunter, just finished.

There was no more reasons to be faking anymore. There was no more reasons to be with Flynn anymore. There was no more reasons to text him anymore. No more. That was the last time I saw him. That was the end of us.