"Let's see for ourselves," Ignis joins.

"Hopefully, our little hike through this place doesn't end up just being training," I spoke.

"Totally agreeing with you on that, Zo," the blonde said.

My thoughts wandered to all the zodiacs, trying to figure out who would be located in these particular ruins. Deep within my own mind, I wasn't paying attention until someone pulled me back by my waist. Realizing what was happening, I looked up to see a Ronin's blade only inches from my face. The only thing keeping it away was one of Ignis' dagger.

A gunshot rang out, causing the Ronin to jump away from us. I thanked the royal advisor and tried to free myself of his grip. My escape was futile because Ignis tightened his hold on me and took a few steps away from the battle. Noctis, Prompto, and Gladio took care of the Ronin while Ignis kept ahold of me.

"I-Ignis, you can let go," I sheepishly said. Peering up at him, I noticed his demeanor changed when I called his name. It seemed as if he wasn't aware he was holding on to me so tightly until now. Loosening his arm from my waist, I gave him a concerned look. "Are you alright?"

"Apologies, Zodia. I... lost myself for a short while."

Physically, he was alright but mentally-he changed when I wasn't paying attention and almost got hurt. Ignis confirmed my suspicions when he admitted what happened. "A foreign feeling came over me when I saw what could've happened."

"Do you feel fine as we speak?"

"I am well."

Sighing in relief, I place a hand over my beating heart. "That's all that matters. If it happens again, tell one of us." Ignis nods and takes a few deep breaths. The others had slain the Ronin while I was checking on Ignis. They gave him worried glances, but I quickly reassured them. Staying by his side, we follow the others and cross another ledge.

"I'm freezing... what I wouldn't give for a hot bowl of soup. Mmm... soup." Prompto licked his lips slightly before snapping back to reality. "We're almost there... we gotta be. Right?!"

Gladio pats the blonde on the back and pushes him forward once both made it across. Leaving the final ledge behind, we turned the corner and spotted our goal. "Hey! Knock, knock," Gladio chuckles.

"We're there... finally," Ignis sighs. Our joyous moment was ruined when a Mindflayer and Imps crashed our happy moment. "Ugh... great," I groan.

"Can't it ever be easy?" Gladio growls in annoyance. Summoning all our weapons, the battle began. Instead of Prompto beside me, it was Ignis. He threw his daggers at multiple enemies as he stood next to me. Noctis was about to be grabbed by the Mindflayer, but I quickly shot a small fireball at it. The daemon backed away from my brother and concentrated on Gladio.

Imps snuck behind me and Ignis, but I quickly spun around and smacked them with my staff, killing all of them. "Nice swing," Gladio compliments. Shocked from my own actions, I stared at my staff. "Well, who knew a staff could also be used as a melee weapon..."

Our battled trudged on as all the Imps were defeated and only the Mindflayer remained. Thinking of a basic spell, I casted a shadow elemental one. Not as strong as the first one I learned, but it was enough to cause the daemon to become vulnerable. Noctis and Gladio finished the monster and both let out a huge sigh.