Leave the Pieces Behind Chapter 6

Start from the beginning

"Bullshit," angel girl said in a deadpanned voice. "Just last week you told us how Foster did that thing with his tongue in your—"

"Whoa, enough!" I shouted way too loud, making everyone go silent.

The girls arched their eyebrows and crossed their arms. A few smirked at me, making my face warm. Damn it, I couldn't stop blushing.

But to my surprise, Tori came to my rescue. She held up her hand while keeping her arm around my shoulders. "Bree's only a sophomore, remember?"

The group lost their hostile expressions and some nodded.

"What does me being a sophomore have to do with anything?" I asked.

"No offense," another angel girl inserted then sent me what most would think was a kind smile, but it was more bogus than authentic. "But you're still probably too young to understand about sex."

I fisted my hands at my sides. "I'm only two years younger—"

Two guys dressed as army men interrupted the group by spraying silly string at us. Some of the girls screamed, and others darted away. Tori pulled me away before we got hit.

"How about you check the kitchen and see if we have any cupcakes left? I'll handle the mess here." She actually kissed my cheek and ruffled my hair.

Tori, with a sway in her hips, confronted one of the guys who boosted her up in a bear hug. She giggled, and those around her clapped. I scanned the room for Foster, to see if he noticed this display with his girlfriend, but he was MIA. Still angry at being treated like a child, I marched toward the sliding glass doors to the back instead of the kitchen.

Double the size of mine, the backyard held a paved patio with a huge stainless-steel grill Dad would drool over. A round stone pit stood in the middle. Some people sat there talking. Small groups stood around with drinks. If I'd been in a better mood, I would have smiled because most held plates with my desserts. I toed off my pumps and carried them while I scoped out the area. I spotted Foster talking to three guys dressed in football jerseys under a gazebo. Since they played on the football team, one of which being the quarterback, their costumes fit.

Cans of beer and plates of half-eaten food sat on top of a cooler between them. When Kai, the quarterback, scarfed down a cupcake, I relaxed. The rest followed his lead. Foster drank from his can and chuckled when Kai said something to him.

Still too far away to hear what they said, I walked toward them without making any sound.

"Dude, how well does Tori suck dick?"

I had just opened my mouth to call out to Foster, but, at Kai's question, I froze near the trellis.

Foster wrapped his arm around Kai's head and whispered something that made them chuckle. He threw off Foster's arm and snagged another cupcake.

"If your girl is this good of a baker, who cares if she can suck or not?" The one in a Giants jersey grunted and popped some chips in his mouth.

Foster finished his beer and chucked it in the garbage can a few feet away. "Tori is great at almost everything she does, sucking included, but she didn't make the cupcakes you're creaming your pants over. My neighbor Bree did."

"The flat-chested chick dressed as a French maid?" Giant Jersey asked.

I inched behind the trellis and stared at Foster through the wood slats for his reaction.

He waved his hand over his chest and nodded. "She's still going through puberty." He popped opened a beer.

"Bree's a cute kid, but nothing like Tori." Kai chugged down his beer and burped. A guy in a Musgrove High T-shirt bit into a cupcake and dropped the other half on the plate. "Tori is a fox, but there's something hot about a girl who can cook."