Quest 4: The Start Of KHR

Start from the beginning

And Yurei quickly went to class.

Reborn?

He have already disappear to his many hideouts in the school.

*******

What caught Reborn's attention was the unique appearance of the said teen.

'He's interesting.' Was the thing that Reborn thought about Yurei, known as the school ikemen and bishounen. The idol is also popular for being childhood friends with the Demon Of Namimori.

Not only does he excelled in academics and average in sports, Yurei have sharp senses. That was proven in the morning when Yurei sensed Reborn in the tree. Instead of being arrogant of his popularity, he is quite humble and polite.

'A perfect Guardian, maybe a Cloud? Or probably a Rain?'

Reborn shook his head, no use thinking about that now. Since there was someone else who caught his eye for the position of the Rain Guardian.

Takeshi Yamamoto.

******

Yurei was playing with some random dices as he had a serious look on his face. 'Shit....I totally forgot the beginning....did Tsuna confess and had a kendo match first? Or did Yamamoto have his suicidal episode first?'

The teen let out a groan as he toss the dices outside the window.

Roll

Roll

Roll

Stop

Five.

Large.

The dices stop rolling and lay there innocently on the dirt ground whereas Yurei had his hands under his chin in a serious way. As if on cue to answer his question, the door was slide open with a slam and a student yell.

"GUYS!!! YAMAMOTO IS ABOUT TO JUMP!!!" His voice was serious and doesn't sound like he's joking but it held no actual feeling to actually help the baseball ace as Takeshi Yamamoto.

His usual smile no longer on his face as he stood up, making everyone turn to look at him only to back down from his slightly dark aura.

"If he's about to jump, shouldn't you get the sensei instead? Why are you telling us like its some sort of announcement?" Yurei questioned as a part of his hair shadowed one eye, leaving the other to gleam like a predator hunting its prey.

The student who came in could only stare with his mouth agape causing Yurei to click his tongue irritably. "What are you standing there for!? Get the teachers already!!"

The yell quickly caused the student to bolt towards the office as Yurei made his way up to the roof. Upon reaching there, he can see a crowd and a person standing at the edge of the roof.

The crowd didn't seem to realized he was the until he made his way to the front. "Yamamoto-san."

The said baseball ace turned to look at the school's ikemen. "Ah, Sakkaku, what are you doing here?"

He just shrug. "Nothing, what about you?"

His sudden question caused the ravenette to look confused for a second before it turned to anger. "What else does it look like? I'm jumping off."

"Then go right ahead." This cause gasp and whispers to sound through the crowd as the baseball ace become confused again.

"You aren't going to stop me?"

"Why should I? Is your life, but I will make a small bet with myself. Small means you will survived and live whereas Large means, well...you won't survive the fall." Yurei said seriously as he toss a dice over the roof.

He then look back at his classmate. "You know, I kinda envy you Yamamoto-san."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"I never got to jump off on my own will....since I was pushed off." His voice held no hoax neither was it serious, making Takeshi wonder if it was true or not.

Roll

Yurei continued. "Yamamoto-san....as I was pushed off...I was never afraid of death till the end....since...I was given a second chance to live....and I think that this may be my last chance. For you? I don't know but you wouldn't really like to test it out, right?"

Roll

That's when a certain brunette made his appearance and started to talk to Yamamoto whereas Yurei kept silent.

"What about your father?"

This caused Yamamoto to actually think as he started to cried. "You're right Tsuna....I'm sorry..."

Roll

Stop

Yurei smiled at Yamamoto as he put his hand out for the ravenette. "Then come on back over here, we do need someone cheerful to wash away our sorrows, no?"

The baseball ace was confused whereas a certain hitman eyes widen...just a little though and only for a millisecond.

Takeshi took his hand but since the fence was rusty, it gave way under his weight, pulling Yurei along as both of them fell. Takeshi's eyes widen whereas Yurei had a closed eyed smile.

Two.

Small.

As they fall through the air, that's when Tsuna was shot with the Dying Will Bullet and another bullet which Yurei forgot and that saved them.

Yurei dusted his pants and look at the two of them. "Arigatou, Sawada-san. And Yamamoto-san, keep living." He said nonchalantly as if they have not fell of a roof.

He then walk away, leaving a very stunned brunette and a laughing ravenette.