Chapter 7

^Magnus tho^

Recap:

"Tess, your brother is still alive, and he wants something that we have. You know how he is. He won't stop."

At those words, Tessa fainted.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tessa, Tessa wake up." She could hear the voice of Will. Or was it Jem? Her head felt like someone had stuffed it with cotton. Tessa raised her head and blinked from the shock of the bright lights. She saw a pair of blue eyes looking at her. Will.

For a second, she thought that she was dead. Hadn't Will, the love of her life, died in 1937? It took her a minute to realize where she was. The New York Institute. Memories flooded her. Jem and WiIl. The Infernal Devices. Nate. She almost sobbed at the thought of her brother.

"Tessa, are you alright?" This time, it was definitely Jem's voice. His silver hair and eyes came into view above her. Sitting up, Tessa replied.

"Yes. I'm perfectly fine." Will and Jem looked at each other, sharing a knowing glance. It was as if they could have a whole conversation just by looking into their eyes.

"Tess," Jem started.

"I said that I was fine, Jem. Don't worry."

Will and Jem nodded, not wanting to annoy Tessa any more. Sensing an opportunity, Tessa swung her legs onto the side of the bed. She had to help the others. It the Infernal Devices were really at large again. . . Tessa couldn't imagine what could happen. They could wreak havoc on both the shadow and mundane world. With all of the modern technology and knowledge- they were pretty much doomed. As her thoughts circled her head Tessa didn't notice the loud sounds coming from outside. Neither did Jem or Will; they were still having their silent conversation.

BAM!

A brick fell through the window, and missed Will's head by an inch. The shadowhunters jumped into action, ready to fight at a moment's notice. Cautiously and silently, Jem poked his head out the window.

"Will, come an look at this." His voice was a mixture of shock and fear. Outside the window, just a few yards away, was an automaton. It was different than the others the trio had seen before. Black, swirling marks encircled its limbs- runes, and they were wearing shadowhunter gear. They could have passed for human, if not for the eyes. They weren't like normal eyes. They were glassy, but didn't have color in them. They were pure black.

A gasp escaped Tessa's lips. They weren't mundane bodies this time, but shadowhunter bodies. Familiar runes swirled and twisted like veins on its skin. Will looked revolted, and his face was pale.  Muttering profanities, he pulled out a seraph blade.  

"Jegudiel,"  Will's seraph blade let out a faint blue-white glow.  Nodding to Jem, he jumped out the window.  

"Stay here."  With a small smile that made Tessa's heart shine.  Jem leaped out the window following his Parabatai.  Thank the Angel that they were only on the second floor; it was a fifteen foot drop.  Jem's silver hair billowed around his head as he fell to the ground.  Tessa was grateful that he had practiced tumbling and falling from great heights.

They landed smoothly and gracefully.  There was only one automaton, but they were evenly matched.  Jem, with his sword-cane, was fierce.  Will had a seraph blade and a sword with him.  Thank the Angel that they were in gear.

They did there best, but they were outmatched.  The automaton had Shadowhunter skin and it would bare Marks like any other Nephilim.

"William!  Watch out!"  Jem screamed as a wicked looking ax barely missed his head.  Instead of loosing his head, the ax sheared of a chink of black hair.

"Dang it.  You'll pay for that!"  Will said angrily.  Holding his dagger with a fierce fury, he charged at the metal creature. 

"Will!  Don't!"  Tessa couldn't help herself.  She screamed.  She screamed for Will to be alright, for the boys to win.  She yelled until her voice was raw.  Grabbing her phone, she speed dialed Magnus.

"Magn-"  She began.

"I know.  We heard.  Tell the boys to hold it off until I can get back there."  He hung up. Now, all Tessa could do was wait for the others to arrive.  With every second that passed, Jem and Will got more and more desperate with their fighting.  They were losing- and badly. 

Every block and strike that they made didn't do anything to the automaton.  It just continued forward, as if they were nothing but annoying flies.

"Oh, no you don't." Magnus and his boyfriend had arrived, ready for battle.  Alec took an arrow from his quiver, and shoot the creature in it's black, soulless eye.  Undaunted, it surged forwards while pulling the arrow out of its eye socket.

"Fall back!"  Magnus yelled over the chaos of the battle.  It was three shadowhunters and a warlock against one automaton, and they were still loosing badly.

Alec shot arrow after arrow, until he had one left.  Jem was trying to hold it back while Magnus secured the Institute doors– just in case the worst happened. 

Alec shot his last arrow and watched as everyone held their breath.  It hit the automaton in the small of the back and, to everyone's surprise, it crumpled too the ground.  Jem looked around to tell his Parabatai something, but he was nowhere too be seen.  Looking around franticly, he saw him clutching his side.  Blood seeped from the fresh wound as he staggered in.  He fell, but Jem caught him. 

Alec hurried in to help, and together they carried Will into the Institute, leaving the remains of the automaton for Magnus to pick up examine.

So yah.   Not a very good chapter at allI didn't have much of a muse and just wrote this on the flyAny who, hope that you liked itDon't forget to vote and comment!
Remember:

TALK LESS, SMILE MORE!

Yea, I know that I listen to Hamilton way to often, but I regret nothingXD