sêdecim

We strode hand in hand as we make through an eerie forest. Numerous giant black colored trees with stubby ash like consistency bark, scattered throughout the forest. Amazingly, the massive roots of the trees were like enormous arteries of the human heart, which dig its way down the saturated soil.

I quickly glanced over my shoulder. In the distance, I saw the hospital door which we came from, burst into flames and became a fertilizer in the ground. Many slithering grotesque black vines covered the remains of burning and a red flower bloomed in the middle, somewhat decorating the ugliness of it.

A repugnant mist tag along with us. I pinched my nose, slipped my hand from hers and latch onto her arm. Elise swayed her hand to remove the long black branches of the trees along our path. One small branch yanked my arm, causing an itchiness and redness on my skin.

I immediately scratched it, several miniscule wheals formed on my flesh and the redness changed into bluish violet discoloration.

"What's in these trees? I'm itchy." Elise stopped. She pulled away the leather jacket from me and gingerly grasped my itchy arm, observing it.

"These are poisonous trees, m'lady." She answered matter of factly, as she let go of my arm from hers and inspected the wild trees. She picked a red leaf from the tree I got caught and smelled its scent. She closed her eyes, confirming what she had uttered.

"I'm poisoned now then I'll be dead later?" Clueless of these plants, I asked, moving ahead of her.

Chuckling, she awakened her blazing power and burning the leaf into nothingness. She's making fun of me? I rolled my eyes."You have not ingested it so you will not die instantly, m'lady." Gracefully with her hands, she swept some branches and red leaves away from her face and my direction.

"Avoid scratching it, m'lady." She instructed as we continue our journey.

"But it's unbearable." Irritated, I sauntered faster. I almost stumbled on the ground when I stepped onto a pile of dry black spiky twigs and small branches.

"Ouch!" I lifted my foot, two small twigs were pierced through my skin and blood trickled down my dirty foot.

Her serious hazel eyes gazed in my direction."Do you want me to carry you, m'lady?" She politely asked, as I struggle to stand on one foot.

"No need to, can we just walk faster?" Elise nodded in response.

Since we briskly walked out of the hospital premises, I was unable to at least grab a pair of shoes or flip flops. I sighed. Barefooted, I carefully stepped on the gooey ground, distinguishing whether the soil was either wet with a sort of stench smelling liquid or probably just plain water.

A translucent red aura sheathed her entire hourglass physique. I latched onto her arm,when a gust of humid air whirled towards us, all the red shiny leaves cascaded down the route, suddenly burst into flames in the air and vanished like dust particles. It seemed to be we were newly weds walking on the carpeted aisle of a church.

While I cling onto her and closing the gap between us, unexpectedly her arm in contact with mine became burning hot to touch like it was a live flame and charcoal from a griller, it created a brief sizzling sound.

I folded my arm to my chest, caressing my harmed arm. "You're hot!"

"I am what, m'lady?" Her eyebrow curved up, grinning.

I've recognized what I have said. I felt blood travelled up in my cheeks, "Nothing... forget it."

Elise was not the same person I met before- I convey it in a good way. Formerly, all the time being I recalled, she was too serious in everything and every time I cracked up a joke which me and my dad thought was funny, she did not bother to smile or whatsoever react to it.