Chapter 12: The Ties that Bind

Start from the beginning

"This is her," she confirms to them. "Yep, road trip. I call shotgun." Damon tells them as the twins gathered the files, "Yea- no." Samathea tells him, the two look at her, "Want me to hang in the back with you?" he teases her, "You're not coming to Damon." she tells him. "Why I'm the one who found her." he reminds her as Samathea held the files in her arms. "Okay Damon, look. Bonnie hasn't seen her mother in over 15 years and we don't need your snarky cometary narrating the experience." Samathea informs him and went to walk past him, but Damon stood in her away. She looks at him as he pulls on puppy eyes and smirks at her, she glares at him, "What's going on with you two?" Bonnie and Elena ask them.

"We kissed and now it's weird." Damon answers them, Samathea looks at him as if it was an idiot and then he turns back to her, "Have a great trip." he tells her and walks out the door. Bonnie looks at Samathea as she stumbles over her words and Elena crosses her arms. "Samathea Gilbert!!"

~8~8~8~

The three sat in the care as they drove down the road, "I just can't believe I'm actually going to see her... or more meet her, sort of. I don't really remember her." Bonnie tells them, "You very really talk about her." Elena states as she sat in the passenger seat as Samathea sat in the back. "What's to say? She left, never wrote, never called, not even when my Grams died." Bonnie informs her.

"Can we talk about you and Damon, instead?" Bonnie asks Samathea, who groans and rolls her eyes, "No, there is nothing to talk about at all." she informs her, looking out the window. "Actually, I want to talk about that too." Elena just turns on her seat and Samathea looks at them, "Why are you ganging up on me?" she questions them, they just look at her. "He kissed me, alright and it is never happening again." she answers them and they look away, "Was it good?" Bonnie asks her, Samathea shot her a look, "I'm not answering that." she mutters looking away.

"That means yes." she states and the twins shot her a look, then Bonnie's cell rings and she looks at it, "It's Stefan, I told me I'd give him a call as soon as I got the address." Bonnie state, "Then ignore." Samathea states as she crosses her arms as Elena looks at Bonnie, "Bonnie, you're about to see your mom for the first time in 15 years, we're not letting anything ruin a moment." Elena tells her, "Yeah, but he's going to keep at it until I pick up." Bonnie informs her. Elena sighs, "Fine." she states and took the phone, answering it. "What?" she answers, "Where are you?" Stefan asks her, "Bonnie, Sammy and I are going to spend the night at the lake house while we wait for Sheriff Forbes to give us some more addresses." Elena answers him and the two look at her. "You're kidding me right?" he questions her, "No Stefan I'm not, we need a night off from your insanity," Elena said again. "Klaus is getting anxiety, he knows I'm stalling, we need to move faster," he informs her, then Samathea took the phone.

"And we are doing everything we can, so can you not call every five minutes?" she questions him, "Sure Sam, whatever you say," he answers her, she then hung up and looks at the two, but Stefan hung up as well looking at the file of Abby Bennett Wilson.

~8~8~8~

The three arrive at the address that was on the file, "Cute house." Elena states, "Yeah, in the middle of nowhere." Bonnie states as she parks the car in the driveway. "You ready?" Elena asks her as they removed their seat-belts and Bonnie looks at her. Elena and Samathea smile at her, "Come on." Elena said, patting Bonnie's leg and they exited the car.

Samathea rubs her arm where Elena had place the silver bracelet on her wrist, restraining Samathea's powers. "How long exactly will I be wearing this?" she asks as she shoved the bracelet to them, "Longer if you ask again," Elena tells her and Samathea shut up after that. They walk up to the porch and Elena rings the doorbell, no one answers them, they look at each other and Elena went to knock. "Hey there!" a man calls out, making the three jump a little and look overseeing a boy not older than them, they look at each other as he walks onto the porch. "Hey, we're looking for Abby Wilson?" Samathea asks him, "She's not home. Anything I can do for you?" he asks them brushing off his hands.