The Girl Across the Street Pt 2

Ginny ran, out of breath, into the hospital that the ambulance parked at. She watched as they wheeled into another room, probably to take an X-ray of some sort.

"Ms.Weasley?" She heard a voice from behind her ask. She turned around to face a paramedic with a kind smile on his face. "Um, Miss Lovegood will most likely need surgery, but you're welcome to wait in the waiting room, and they'll let you know when she can have visitors, ok?"

Ginny only nodded, apparently unable to form words. She sat in the waiting room with a few other nervous-looking people, pulled out her phone, and waited.

After what seemed like an eternity, her name was called, and a kind nurse directed her to the room Luna was staying in.

"She just got out of surgery, and she's still asleep, so try not to wake her, ok dear?" the nurse  asked, and Ginny nodded, excited to see Luna again.

The nurse opened the door for her, and Ginny walked in to see Luna, looking quite peaceful, sleeping, a machine lifting her now-casted foot in the air. 

Walking over, Ginny sat down in a chair beside Luna's bed, smiling down at the beautiful girl.

After a while, Ginny watched as Luna's eyes cracked open. Luna, after seeing it was Ginny who sat beside her, shined a bright smile, which Ginny gladly returned.

"Hey Ginny," Luna said, yawning. "Thanks for coming."

"No problem," Ginny said, then frowned. "Hey, where's your other friends and family?"

"Oh, I don't have any friends, except for you of course," Luna said, smiling fondly at Ginny, who blushed. "And I don't have much family either. My grandparents died when I was very young, and both my parents were only children. My mum died when I was very young from cancer, and my dad's most likely on some foreign island with no service, studying birds."

"Oh Luna," said Ginny softly. "I'm so sorry."

"It's fine," reassured Luna, mustering up a small smile. "I'm used to it. I was always the weird kid, so even growing up, no one wanted to be my friend. 'Loony' Lovegood, that's what they called me."

"Still," Ginny continued, "No one should have to go through that."

"Hey Ginny?" Luna said, looking up at the ginger. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah Luna, of course," Ginny said, feeling nervous.

"When you said, back at the house, that you were, how did you put it, attracted to me, did you mean it?"

Ginny blushed, shrugging.

"I mean yeah, I always thought you were pretty, and I might have had a crush on you, but-" in Ginny's rambling, she didn't notice Luna propping herself onto her arms, lean forward, then place her lips softly onto hers.

Pulling away, Luna smiled softly, placing her hand on Ginny's, stroking it softly with her thumb.

"I like you too Ginny," she said. "And I would be delighted if you would escort me home once I'm released."

Ginny just nodded slowly, lost in Luna's beautiful eyes, until she came to her senses and realized what she was doing. She sat back up, clearing her throat.

"Yeah, yeah that sounds great," she said, smiling.

"You know where I live, right?"

Ginny chuckled, nodding. "Yeah, I think I've got a pretty good idea,"

"Good, then you can just take me there so I can change once I get released from this hell-hole," she said, gesturing to the room with a lazy wave of her arms.

"You don't like hospitals?" Ginny asked, and Luna shook her head.

"Just never been a fan," she said simply, looking down at her hands. 

"Why?" asked Ginny, then realized she might be pushing it. "Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine," Luna assured her. "I guess a part of me just always blamed the doctors for my mum's death, you know? Like they could have done more."

"Yeah, that makes sense," Ginny said, nossing.

They talked for a little while longer until the doctor came in, telling Luna she could leave after signing the release papers, and that she could pick up her crutches on the way out, so they did just that.

After walking to Ginny's car, Luna stumbling the whole way, trying and failing to balance on her crutches, and Ginny trying to help as best she could, Ginny opened the door so Luna could get in.

"Such a gentlelady," Luna said, hoisting herself in the car.

Ginny got into on the other side, started the car, and turned up the radio, where Lady Gaga's "Born this Way" had just started playing.

Luna started singing along, and began to dance in her seat as best she could. Ginny smiled at the blonde's cuteness, and drove the rest of the way to Luna's house.

Once they arrived, Ginny went out to the other side and opened the door for Luna, helping her get out, then helped her the rest of the way up to the front door.

"Hey Ginny?" Luna said, looking down at her feet.

"Yeah?"

"Can you stay over tonight? I wouldn't want to fall again and have no one around."

"Sure," Ginny said, blushing at the idea.

"Great! I have some P.J's you can use."

So Ginny followed Luna inside, took the shirt and sweatpants she was handed, and went into the bathroom to change.

When she returned, Luna was sitting on the couch, scrolling through Netflix. When she saw Ginny, she smiled and patted the seat on the couch beside her.

"I thought we could watch a movie, I'm not tired anyway." She said, and Ginny nodded.

"Yeah, that sounds fun, what kind of movie?"

"Well, how about Blush?"

"Wow, stereotype much?" Ginny teased, and Luna sighed. 

"I can't help it! They're so cute!"

"Ok, ok!" Ginny laughed, sitting down next to Luna.

So Luna hit play and tossed the remote, laying her head in Ginny's lap and cuddling into her.

"Aww!" Luna said for the umpteenth time when the two girls kissed.

"What is wrong with you?" Ginny laughed, shaking her head.

"Hey, don't mess with the fangirl!"

"Fair enough,"

After a few minutes, Luna turned and looked up at Ginny.

"Hey Ginny?"

"Yeah?"

"I-I really like you...and..and I was wondering if maybe....you might want...i-it's ok it you don't....maybe...wanna be my...my..." Luna stuttered, and Ginny silenced her by leaning down and giving her a soft kiss.

"I really like you too Luna, and I would love to be your girlfriend."

When the movie was over, Ginny turned off the T.V, and noticed light snoring coming from the blonde. 

Carefully, Ginny got up, went and grabbed a pillow and blanket and placed them in the appropriate positions without waking her.

Placing a soft kiss to Luna's forehead, Ginny crawled under the blanket, cuddling Luna to her chest, not believing the situation one event put her in.

Author's Note: Any requests? I have some other ideas, but I want to write things you guys want to read too!