Let's Get Married!

Author's Note: Ok, so I saw this idea on Tumblr and thought it was hella cute, so here you go.

Luna sat by Ginny's bedside as she fidgeted with her wedding ring, anxiously awaiting Ginny's awakening. 

Ginny had just gotten out of surgery after having her appendix removed, and no matter how many times the nurses reassured her everything went fine, Luna couldn't help her paranoia as her anxiety crept in.

So it was a breath of relief when Ginny's eyes cracked open, and a huge goofy grin appeared on her face.

"Well hello beautiful! You come here often?" Ginny said in a voice that resembled a drunk middle-aged man.

Luna chuckled. The nurses had warned her that Ginny might be a little out of it, since the anesthesia was just wearing off, and they had put her on a lot of pain meds. 

"Not exactly," she said, smiling at her wife. "I'm just visiting."

"Is that so?" Ginny asked, looking around at her surroundings. "Well, this sure is a dreary place. How's about we get out of here and I take you out on a date?"

Luna laughed. "Actually, you've already taken me out on several dates."

Ginny scoffed in disbelief. "Impossible," she stated firmly. "I am certain I would remember a beauty such as you."

Luna took her lover's hand into hers. "Ginny, I assure you, we've dated." At that, Ginny smiled.

"Well then what are we waiting for? I say we get married!" 

Luna really laughed at that. They had just celebrated their two-year anniversary the previous month.

"Alright!" Luna said, deciding to play along. She grabbed Ginny's wedding ring that they had taken off of her for surgery from the bedside table, and took her own off of her hand and held it up to a smiling Gonny. "Let's get married now!"

Ginny smiled eagerly and grabbed Luna's ring. She slipped it on Luna's finger after a couple tries, Luna helping her with her hand-eye coordination.

"I do!" she said happily after she succeeded.

Luna repeated the action, slipping Ginny's ring onto her finger, and into the tan line that had formed from their many trips to the beach.

"One more thing!" Ginny said excitedly, grabbing a pen from the bedside table, and sloppily wrote Just on the back of her hand. Then she took Luna's hand and wrote Married.

Apparently satisfied with her work, Ginny lied back down, snuggling up into a ball, facing Luna.

"Goodnight my new wife," she said happily, closing her eyes.

"Goodnight Ginny." Luna said, tucking a strand of Ginny's beautiful ginger hair behind her ear so it wouldn't fall in her face.

***

Ginny sat up in her bed, yawning. She looked over to see a sleeping Luna sitting beside her, and she smiled. She reached over and shook her awake.

"Luna, sweetheart, wake up," she said, then pulled her hand back as she looked what was written on it. Just.

Why in the world was Just written on her hand? Then she looked at Luna, who had Married written on hers. 

"Good morning Ginny," Luna said, smiling at her confused wife. "Is something wrong?"

"What did I do when I was still on those meds?" She asked, a little nervous of the answer.

"Oh you know, just asked to take me out on a date. Then when I told you we had already dated, you suggested we got married!"

Ginny stared at her in disbelief. 

"Are you serious?" She asked. Luna nodded. "And you played along?"

"You were so cute!" Luna argued, and Ginny pushed her playfully, turned her back to her and crossed her arms, pouting.

"I hate you," she mumbled, and Luna leaned forward to kiss her on the cheek.

"I love you too my new wife."

Author's Note: See! I told you it was cute!