25 | Shower With Me

Start from the beginning

"I don't want to be alone." I whisper, looking down at my lap.

"Then I'll sit on the counter and keep you company." He tells me. I frown at his words. "What?" He asks me.

"Can you shower with me?" I ask him, looking up at his face. "Please?" I add, my voice getting quieter. It was times like these where I was glad I could still see up close clearly, because Ross' face brought a smile to my face. It's not like the two of us haven't seen each other naked, because we have. Showering on tour tends to always have all the boys showering together and more times than not, Rydel and I have seen them butt ass naked. Not so much of them seeing Rydel and I, but once or twice they have. Ross most likely has seen me naked the most, only because we shared a bathroom in the band house and sometimes we walked in on each other by accident, but it was never awkward. We always laughed it off and walked right back out.

"As in naked?" He questions, his eyes furrowed and head tilted back a little.

"Ross, we've seen each other naked before." I tell him, my voice staying quiet. He scratches his chin at my words and shrugs his shoulders.

"But this time is completely different. This time around, I can actually like... uh, I mean... yeah." The way he's talking about it only made my smile fade and my head fall to gaze at my covered lap. I didn't think he'd act so weird about showering together. We've been together for over a month and I guess for couples that's a little early, but we've been best friends for ten years. Not to mention we spend nearly everyday with each other.

"Yeah, you're right." I whisper, keeping my head down. "Just... forget I asked, I'll shower by myself." I say, pushing the covers off my lap. Turning myself around, I grab my glasses off the nightstand and get up off the bed to head to the bathroom. Before I even make it past the bed, Ross stops me.

"Wait, you actually want me to shower with you?" He asks me. Furrowing my eyebrows, I turn around to face a highly confused looking Ross sitting up in bed.

"Well, it doesn't matter if I want to or not because you're clearly freaked out about it." I say, shrugging my shoulders towards the end. "I'm not even entirely sure why you're freaked out, but don't worry about it. Like I said, just forget about it."

"I'm not freaked out, bean. It's just gonna be different than when I walk in on your or you walk in on me." He tells me. "And obviously I'm not expecting sex in there, I mean... being with you completely naked is great and all, and I really do want to take the next step, you know? But I don't want you to be freaked out by anything and I guess I'm afraid that I'll make you uncomfortable or something." He explains.

"And how would you do that?" I ask him.

"By touching you?" He questions. "You'll be naked, with water running down your body, your absolutely sexy body, and my hands could possibly, maybe, most likely, wander." He tells me. My mouth forms an o shape at his words, my face getting a little hot.

"Is that such a bad thing?" I ask him quietly, hoping he heard me.

"No." He quietly replies. "Not for me, I'm just worried it is for you." He adds.

"Join me or don't join me, either way I'm taking a long ass overdue shower." I mumble, turning around on my heels to walk to the bathroom. Trying not to get upset over the fact he won't join me, I start the shower and close the curtain, taking a look at myself in the mirror. My face was red and blotchy from almost having a panic attack and crying a little, my eyes looked dead tired along with the dark circles, and my hair was still as frizzy as could be considering being on stage causes us all to sweat buckets and the venue had no shower. Silently, Ross opens the door and steps in, keeping his eyes on mine through the mirror.