I forced a smile, feeling myself crumble on the inside. "Yeah... Tomorrow."

"Is something wrong?" Jordan asked, looking at me in concern. "You've been kind of out of it for awhile. You just haven't... been yourself lately."

Right then would've been a perfect time to tell her that I was leaving. That I was going off to fake my death to keep her safe. That it was killing me on the inside, but I had to do it. Of course, I didn't. "I'm kind of shaken up," I lied, shoving my hands into my pockets and looking away. "Especially after what happened with you and Hunter in the hospital. I mean, I'm just worried about you, that's all."

"Well, that's very sweet of you," she smiled brightly, wrapping her arms around my neck and kissing me once again. "But I'm fine. Honestly. The bruises don't even hurt anymore. I wouldn't even know that they're there unless I look at them."

"That's good," I faked another smile, trying to look as though everything was normal. 

"Jordan?" A new voice asked, and I stayed completely still. If I made a noise and we were caught, it would just make everything even more complicated than it already is.

"I don't think she's over here, Lexi," another voice said, which I identified as Alex. I could faintly see his face as he spotted Jordan, making kissy faces to her. I rolled my eyes as Lexi continued to groan.

"She has to be here somewhere! I can't believe we lost her so easily!"

"Maybe you should look closer to the dock," Alex suggested to his girlfriend, and I let out a breath. "I'll keep looking over here."

I could hear footsteps begin to walk away, but I didn't make a sound until Alex stood in front of us, tsk'ing. "You're getting closer and closer to getting caught. I wouldn't risk everything for little make-out sessions."

"We weren't making out," Jordan snapped, walking away from me. "We were just talking."

"I'll believe it when I see it," I could hear the smirk in his voice, making me roll my eyes.

"There you are! I was seriously just here searching for you! Looks like Alex found you!" Lexi sounded very excited to go to the rally, and I still wished that Jordan and I could spend the day together.

"Yeah, I guess he did," she replied, sounding the complete opposite of her blonde friend.

"They're letting the seniors in now," Lexi continued. "All the other grades are going to be cheering for us! I didn't think they'd do anything like that! Isn't that cool? Come on, we're going to miss it all!"

After they left, I wasn't surprised when Alex found me and practically dragged me to the rally behind him. I didn't want to go, but this was the closest I could get to Jordan in these circumstances. I decided against telling Alex that I was leaving, because I knew he'd probably do something to stop me.

We walked to the front entrance of the gym, standing with a bunch of other seniors who were waiting to go inside. There was some sort of muffled talk on the other side of the door, but I didn't pay much attention to it. All that I did was look for Jordan, but I couldn't find her.

Soon, everyone was rushing through the doors and cheering. I walked in with my arms crossed as I looked for a seat. Alex and I found two, and my eyes narrowed when I saw that we were sitting right in front of Pete, the junior who ditched Jordan at prom.

When Alex saw me glaring at him, he put a hand on my shoulder and said, "Calm down. You can't beat him up in front of the entire school."

I noticed Jordan sitting on the bleachers surrounded by all her cheering friends, but she looked upset and annoyed. I wanted to go and sit next to her, but I wasn't sure that I could. I just wanted the rally to be over already, so I could be with Jordan.