-----------------------------

It was the night of the dance and Mitch had spent the day sick to his stomach. He had decided to trust Scott and go. He still wasn't sure about the after party because there wouldn't be teachers around. He really wanted to trust Scott and believe him when he says he'll protect him, but he couldn't. He kept his guard up because what if Scott was just playing with him? What if he wanted Mitch to let his guard down just so he could hurt him? Scott really didn't seem like the type of person to do that but he had to protect himself.

Mitch was dressed in a solid black t-shirt that hung down to about mid-thigh on him and his underwear. He had just gotten out of the shower and was doing his hair. Once he was satisfied with how his hair looked, he left the bathroom and grabbed the stuff for his costume. The shirt he was wearing was a part of the costume already. He pulled on a pair of black leggings and sat down to put on his black socks. He grabbed the make-up he bought and went back to the bathroom. He drew on whiskers and a cat nose.

Mitch stared at himself in the mirror and felt like he was going to throw up. He was starting to think that this was a bad idea. He hadn't even told Scott that he would go with him so what if Scott has a date and then it'll be awkward for him to show up? Or what if Scott decided not to go or he can't find Scott? He looked over his outfit and turned to the side to look at his stomach. He placed his hand on his stomach and sucked in a bit. With a sigh he left the bathroom to grab his black, glittery kitty ears. He then grabbed a pair of black gloves that went up to his elbows and covered his scars. He finished the outfit with a pair of black flats

He looked at himself in his full length mirror and bit his lip. He was worried that the outfit was too feminine, especially the shoes. His dad would definitely be mad if he looked like a girl. He felt cute though which didn't happen often. He realized that he didn't have any pockets. He looked at his phone on the desk and sighed. He didn't really want to leave it here but he didn't want to carry it all night either. But what if something happens and he needs it? He couldn't lose or break another phone though because his parents warned him about it after he was shoved into the fountain. He finally decided to just leave it. He wouldn't be gone very long.

--------------------------

Scott, Avi, Kirstie, and Kevin all got ready in Scott's room. Avi was dressed as a lumberjack because it took the least amount of work. Kevin was a wolf, meaning he was wearing a wolf mask that he was already complaining about. And Kirstie was a witch. She wore a black dress, and a dark green cape and witch hat. Scott was hoping that Mitch would show up but he hadn't told anyone that he asked him. He knew Kirstie, Kevin, and Avi still weren't excited about him spending time with Mitch but at least they had stopped telling him to stay away from Mitch. Once they were ready they decided to head to where the dance was being held.

Scott's eyes instantly started looking around for Mitch but he didn't see him. He felt a little disappointed. Kirstie grabbed his arm and dragged him to the refreshment table to get some punch. She got distracted by a girl standing nearby and Scott looked around the dance, hoping to see Mitch come in.

"Come on, let's dance!" Kirstie giggled, placing her and Scott's cups on a nearby table. She grabbed Scott's hand and dragged him to the dance floor where several other students were dancing. Scott couldn't focus on dancing with Kirstie because he was hoping to see Mitch. After two songs, Kirstie and him went to get snacks and catch up with some other people. Scott had pretty much given up on finding Mitch. He knew it was a stretch to ask the brunette so he didn't feel surprised that he didn't come.

"What's wrong?" Kirstie whined, tugging on Scott's arm. He didn't realize that he had been ignoring her and their friends.

"Nothing, sorry, what are we talking about?" Scott asked with a smile. Kirstie and the others stared at him for a second before Kevin answered. Scott tried to pay attention to the conversation but it wasn't something he was entirely interested in. His eyes scanned over the room again. He basically gave up hope that Mitch would show up. As he slowly scanned the room his eyes landed on a small brunette dressed in all black. Mitch was standing by the door with his arms crossed looking scared. Scott instantly started walking towards the other teen.

PainkillersOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara