Chapter 8: Suspicion

Natsu's POV:

Y/N has been acting a bit off. She's changed a bit. For the past few days or so she's done nothing but text on her phone and if we try to ask what she's doing or who she's texting, she blows up in my face as well as anyone else.

I have no clue what's going on but I feel like I need to address this, it's becoming vital now. I slowly approach Y/N and see her laughing and smiling at her phone and sigh. I might as well not ruin her happy mood.

Y/N POV:

Rouge is just ughhhhh, he might seem hard on the outside but he's so caring and considerate, he makes me feel special, that's the most anyone has done in a long time. I don't necessarily like being on my phone all the time but it's so hard to find the time to meet up with him while we are swarmed with our Guilds.

I notice Natsu off in the corner of my eye and feel my blood heating, he was going to talk to me about my phone again, I rolled my eyes and simply headed to the job board, I rest my hand on my chin, playing with my lower lip. Happy soon flies over perching on my shoulder as he nuzzles a bit, but stays silent. I reach up petting his head as I sigh.

"No interesting jobs today.." I mutter under my breath and head to buy food, I walked into town and began walking around, I had gotten a list of food from our guild master and he gave me money to pay for it all, a lot of proteins and carbs, foods to help with bulking up in training.

As I walk through the market, I spot Sting. As I get ready to hide, I spot Rouge with him and my heart nearly jumps out of my chest, I flinch a bit and smile widely just seeing him, no one has ever made me feel this way before, it's almost like...I don't know how to explain this feeling.

Sting notices me and I freeze, making eye contact. I quickly duck my head, heading the other direction as I sigh, why are things so incredibly complicated..especially during the most inconvenient times.

I buy the food on my list and put it away with Mira in the kitchen, she looks at me and at first I pay no attention to it until I notice it's not occasional glancing, it's full on staring.

"Yes Mira?" I question her as I pack away bread in the bread bin, my back to her. I hear her sigh as I turn to look at her, making eye contact.

"Y/N? Why are you always on your phone, it's beginning to become a problem, you're more distracted." I knew she only wanted what's best for me. I give in with a sigh and look at her.

"I'm talking to someone at the moment, someone very special, consider it long distance, without the relationship." I blush as she giggled softly and claps her hands together.

"Oh that's wonderful! I understand that you like whoever this person is but please try to pay a bit more attention to the guild, be on your guard, alert at all times." She hummed as we put away groceries.

I nod my head as my phone gets put in my back pocket. I'm so focused on the shopping that I don't feel my phone being taken from my pants pocket.

Natsu's POV:

If Y/N won't tell me anything, I'll find out myself. I send Happy to steal Y/N's phone, smiling when I receive it without getting caught. I put my thumbprint in and open up her messages immediately and see a contact with just '❤️💕' as the name. I press on it and scroll up a bit.

"Damn..these two dating or something?" I mutter under my breath as I continue scrolling, I look through pictures, a lot of cute ones, mostly from Y/N but non from this person, thank fuck there are no nudes on here. I sigh and send Happy to slip her phone back and flip down, my face in a pillow.

'Whatever this could be..she's been hiding too much from me..'