BUSY FALLING TO DEATH? HOW ABOUT A FLASHBACK?

“No. Freaking. Way.” Lanza spoke haltingly, emphasizing his point.

“ Yes way.” Elisa countered.

“ Tell me again why I have to stay in this stinking cockpit while you guys check out Florida?”

“Honestly?” Kai sighed, “You want the facts thrown at your face? Let’s start with this, shall we?”

Kai pointed the remote at one of the many screens in the moderators quarters. The LCD flicked open with a beep. Kai pressed the buttons until they arrived at a local news channel.

“...leaving psychiatrists wondering if the juvenile are being exposed to too much violence. We shall now take another look at the footage our personnel managed to capture.”

The image of the mid-thirty reporter in the studio was now replaced by a more coarse pixelation. Lanza squinted at the grainy video. Crowds screamed as a bike roared past on the sidewalk, narrowly missing a pole. The riders seemed to have gone completely wacky, shouting illegible words as they wrecked panic. Police sirens sounded in the distance, inducing even greater confusion.  The camera zoomed in on Laurel and Hardy on the bike. The image turned even grainier. But there was no mistaking the Fuchsia hair of the helmetless rider.

“ I think they got my nose wrong.” Lanza pointed at the screen.

Kai switched the TV off. “Deformed noses are the least of our troubles. Right now, we have bigger problems than you being public enemy number one.”

Kai looked at Elisa, earning a slight nod. Lanza hated it when he was kept out of the loop.

“ What is it?”

“Remember the bots that were following us?”

“You mean the ones that wanted to shred our awesome faces to pieces? Kinda.”

“Notice that they are nowhere in the footage.”

Lanza's brows crunched, “What do you mean? "

“Well, get this. One of Arden's men opened up the thing. He spat a lot of gibberish, but here is the deal. He didn’t find any stealth mechanism inside it.”

“How is that possible?” Lanza didn’t hold back his surprise.

“ We couldn’t figure it out either. Elsa talked with Reno a while back.”

“That pig?” Lanza snorted.

“Lanza, he has more brains than you think.  He came up with something within five minutes.”

“Let’s hear it.”

“ The Helm of Hades. One of its abilities is to turn the user completely invisible. If CERO had somehow managed  to channel the magic into them...”

Lanza cursed. This was getting more dangerous by the minute.
“Is it bad?” Lanza asked, hesitatingly.

“ Bad? Lanza, even ‘totally screwed' wouldn’t sum it up. Every time humanity has tried to incorporate ancient technology into theirs, the results have been disastrous. Remember the Black Death of Europe?”

“No.” Lanza admitted, “Should I?”

“Did you sleep through all of your history lessons?” Elisa sounded annoyed.

“ Not all of them. I liked Napoleon's Little Era of Going Total Crazy.”

Elisa shook her head, “ Honestly, I think... "