SWORDS?SHIELDS?SPEARS? NAH, GIMME THAT TEXTBOOK.

Reno quietly followed Kai, partly because he was in awe of the dazzling room and partly because he was afraid he would get lost. They came round to the far side of the room where a huge oil painting covered the wall.
" Uh, I am sure this painting is great, but please don't tell me that we came all this way do admire artwork.", Reno sighed.
" You are too impatient. Keep your calm. Look carefully at the artwork..."
Reno looked. It was one of those abstract paintings. It depicted a wave of colour, hiding a silhouette underneath. The focus of the image seemed blurry, out of reach. Almost like an illusion.
Illusions. A spark went off in Reno's brain. An old memory resurfaced, trying to wedge its way out into his neurones. He remembered that old Mythology book Mom had given to him on his birthday. The image of a goddess, who could make lies into reality. The word sprang to his lips.
" Maya."
"Correct. It depicts Maya, the goddess of illusions. " Kai nodded absently.

Kai stared at him intently, as if trying to figure out how to classify a new species like him.
He shook his head. " I give up. Maybe Wallace would know."
" Who is Wallace? "
Suddenly, the wall parted with a lot of rumbling and cracking. The glamorous surroundings vanished into thin air.
An illusion, Reno realised. Now, they were standing in an ordinary room. It looked like an office you would find in any part of the world.
" Sorry to keep you waiting, Kai. Elsa and I were just having a chat about.....her future assignments."
Reno noticed Elsa at a distance from them, her head held high. But he also noticed how pale she looked, as if she was tired.
Reno turned to the person who was speaking. He looked about forty years old with a sprinkle of white in his black air. He was dressed in a tuxedo , standing an impressive six-and-a-half feet from the ground. However the most startling feature was the pair of golden eyes he had.

"As for your question, young man, I, am Wallace Hearst, moderator of The Icarus Guild."

Reno should have felt awe, but instead he had to hold back his laughter. Icarus Guild? Sounded like some crappy video game. He would have given a one-star rating on the Net.

" Thanks. I am Reno Nevada. If we are done with introductions, can we get started on the topic of how you guys are basically kidnapping me?"

Wallace sighed, " Straight to the point, eh? I was hoping we could get along better. I even wanted to put up a banner on the doorway reading 'Welcome Newbies!' But Kai was like, Dude it won't go with the decor."

There was something seriously wrong when a 40-year old started speaking like a teenager. Also, Reno had a terrifying mental image of being greeted with a girly banner.

He shuddered," To the topic, please? Also, can you speak um, more like an adult?"

Kai laughed," Dude, you just hit the nail on its head. That teenager-speak is just a side effect of his Soul Gate."

"Soul Gate?", Reno inquired.

Kai waved it aside. " Don't you have more pressing questions now?"

"So,back to the kidnapping part?", Reno prompted.

" Yeah. What was your point again?"

" My point. Right. You kidnap me to a weird place under the earth and ask me my point?"

" Boy, you got a hot temper. We won't stop you if you want to go back."

Reno had kinda expected a fight. But this was such a damper.

" You...you won't?"

" NAH. But before that, please consider this."
Wallace casually flipped a switch. A holographic screen popped up.
To his horror, he realised that it was a video of him jumping off the train. The camera made it look like he was committing suicide. It was a pretty realistic action for him.